• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m715 carb

ktm25089

Hello from Greece
We have here a M715 and we need a good carb to run the engine.I cant find a good carb and i want to ask if i can fit something else except the standard military?Some holley maybe?

Thank you very much
George

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The standard military is a Holley, that carb was used on lots of other things in the 1960's and is not a bad unit. Kits are available and cores as well.

Welcome to the site. You guys in Greece have all the nice US surplus . . .

ktm25089

You guys in Greece have all the nice US surplus . . . :-D:-D:-D

And we are trying to collect them for the years that come to have spares.!!!
Can i ask what type of HOLLEY carb this engine have?And can i fit a kit that is designed for civil carb use??

Thank you
George

Last edited:

Kwai

Holley 1920. Memphis Equipment has the rebuild kits.

Be sure to set the float level as per the instructions. It makes a big difference.

A bad coil is the most common reason the 230 ohc doesn't run. Also, you might find you need to rebuild the fuel pump.

Last edited:

ktm25089

Can anyone please tell me what is the correct fuel pump pressure?To see if i need to rebuild the pump?
Thanks
George

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks