• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first M-715.........started in 1995.

Found the ad for 2 M-715's for sale in the Wheels & Deals for $3K near Eureka, CA

I took a road trip to see the M-715's and bought both with all spares and manuals.

The logistics, the first was driveable, second non-driveable had to be loaded on a trailer and brought back to Suisun City, CA

The Humboldt Water District owned both M-715's and used one fully outfitted for welding and pipe repairs, the PTO powered winch worked great.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would say ya done good troop.

Er...maybe ya could tone down that yeller a little? Maybe some good ole 24087 OD?

Congrats on your score macjeeper:-D

Thats funny........well I guess you weren't looking for it back then, it was in multiple publications, Wheels & deals for several months before I decided to finally check it out.

It came out as a lot with 2 vehicles and parts which I guess most people didn't care to purchase back then. Plus M-715's were still being used by the forestry service and local fire departments. The popularity of them took years, now it seems lots of people own them.

Mac

Attachments

tamangel

That is pretty funny, I mean, what ever appears up here on the isolated North Coast...ever...No probs, I'm not in the market currently...is that your J-10/20 in the background (edit: I see its a J-30 in your tag..)? I drove one for a patrol vehicle back in the early 80's..consumate 4x4 vehicle in snow country (slow in pursuits though..:mad: )...BTW, I have some friends in Suisun City east of the main part off Hwy 12 (looks like the same sub-division in your pics) , maybe I'll stop by and check them out next time I'm down there... just to see what I missed... :wink:

Not that this will happen again in my lifetime, ..but...if anyone see's anything in the general vicinity up here..I'll take some pic's for you.....

Mike

mental note: check Wheels and Deals more regularly... :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks