• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flasher help

ldj1002

Still having flasher problem. On the end of the lever to turn on and off flashers there is a light that flashes to indicate flasher is on. That light comes on and doesn't flash. My flasher bulbs on front or back don't come on at all. Since the flasher indicator comes on, shouldn't the flashers outside also cone on? Oh, flasher bulbs are good.

ldj1002

I've been reading about these flashers till my eyes are sore. Also been looking at schematic. Almost all posts says make sure flasher switch is grounded to the column although schematic doesn't show ground. Will I took it off the column and took it apart and a part in it was broke. My unit is made by Swiss controls and it is plastic. You can scratch all you want and clean up the clamp and bracket that holds the clamp and that is all you have done. All that is screwed into the plastic housing and doesn't in any way bond to the inside of the switch. Maybe other brands do but the Swiss control unit doesn't. Maybe this info will save someone lots of time trying to make sure there is a good ground when you can't.

KsM715

try m715zone.com those guys over there know everything about the M715

I wish I could help but I was going to suggest you check your grounding.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I had the same symptoms and after changing the flasher, my problem is a short in the wiring. I'm replacing the wiring going from the turn signal to the flasher in about 2 hrs from now. Picked up a new one yesterday at the Alpharetta show.

Barrman

Which system do you have? The big multi contact box or the small solid state one with 3 wires on the firewall. Solid state is easy to figure out. There is a guy, Amphi, on the Zone that has a great diagram of the old contact box.

By the way, if you are in Mart, come on down some weekend. I am about 70 miles from you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks