• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Spark plug tool?

Milbikes

Is there a special tool required to remove the spark plugs from an M715 engine? I have to help a guy get one running to move it, and he says he doesn't have a socket that will fit it. My WC56 looks a bit easier to get the plugs out of! Thanks for any tips. Hal

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Barrman

11/16" open end will normally fit the wire end. If not, find a super cheap chinese open end and grind until it fits.

The plug itself is a regular 13/16". Just the plugs pointing to each other make it so a socket driver normally won't fit on top. A crow foot as suggested above will work. So will taking a chinese box end and bending it to clear. Think old time distributor wrench. With the other end sticking up, a long screw driver works great to give twisting leverage.

It seems there are at least 3 different length replacement plugs out there currently all with the same number. The shortest of these can be removed with a regular spark plug socket and driver. The other two sizes need to have creativity to get out one plug for every grouping of two. Then the other 3 can be pulled like normal.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of my gas engine wire nuts are 3/4 inch.
I happened onto the wrench (Ebay) pictured that fits the spark plug wire nuts and the hard to get to distributor spark wire nuts. It is the only one I have ever seen. It is stamped "KAL USA".
If anyone knows a source, it might help others.
Regards Marti

Attachments

Barrman

You are correct. I just walked over to a M715 and pulled the number one plug wire off with an open end 3/4". One flat at a time, but it comes off. Sorry about that. I have the same tool pictured above and haven't had to think about the size in a few years.

Maverick1701

All of my gas engine wire nuts are 3/4 inch.
I happened onto the wrench (Ebay) pictured that fits the spark plug wire nuts and the hard to get to distributor spark wire nuts. It is the only one I have ever seen. It is stamped "KAL USA".
If anyone knows a source, it might help others.
Regards Marti
I have a similar model for the plug wires. works very well in the tight spaces of my m38a1.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks