• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M725 carb??

ktm25089

Hello everyone from Greece
I have here a restored M725 truck.The truck is all original,sandblasted and painted.I'm in searching to gain some power from the engine.I dont care for the originality in some parts on the engine bay.So here are my questions,
1)Can i change the carb with something bigger and better?
2)electronic ignition fit?From what?a military one?
3)what about camshaft?I dont say a dragster one cam but something to gain some power.

I'm saying that because here where i live we have some difficult terain with a lot of ascents.The the truck goes really slow.Please don't spoof me and sorry for my poor english

Thanks
George

txdodge43man

There is not a lot you can do power wise to that engine. A lot of guy will add a bigger jet to the carb. there is a intake manifold out there thats made for a double barrell arb but they are hard to find. most people would say drop in a V8 if you want more power.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Tornado 230 engine in some civilian applications came with a 2 BBL carb. I found one of these and installed in on my M715 thinking I was going to have huge power gains. I do not think it helped at all.

To the best of my knowledge there were never any "speed" parts made for this engine.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stick with the current carb - the 230 Tornado is a good engine, not a great one, but good. It will have great offroad capabilities, although a little slow. It was not designed to fly down the road at 65mph. Without changing the engine altogether, you're stuck with slow climbs up hills.

Kwai

The easiest and probably only way to gain power for the stock 230 is to switch to a civilian 2 bbl carb. The 2 bbl manifolds aren't that difficult to find over here. It's harder to locate a holley 2bbl carb to fit. Another option is to replace the ignitor with a civilian distributor with vacuum advance. These are somewhat difficult to locate though. Some guys have put the pertronix ignitor in place of the stock points but I am not sure what part # they used.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas

HEI and a 2 barrel carb does wonders, starts right up, runs down the road with no problems. The HEI requires you to lose the fuel pump/vacum pump but an electric pump with a big spin is a huge improvement.

davidkroberts

m-series rebuilds has a electronic ignition kit that replaces the points and fits in the stock distributor. It is 186.00 shipped i think. The hot wire runs to the coil under the cap. Nice little unit. I havent gotten around to doing it to mine yet but its on the list.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a single barrel carb for these trucks they will sell? I have one someone really messed up. You can PM me about it.
Thanks Mart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks