• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL^!'s M715 Firetruck

FlatlinesUp

oops, put this on the zone, but forgot to post up here:

I just picked up my '68 M715 wo/w and as far as I can tell it's "mostly" stock other than a few additions like (missing) dual ignition keys (lol), and the orig seats have been recovered and the soft top replaced within the last couple years, as well as a multipositional snow plow.
It's currently non running and has one axle out of the rear (why? dunno)
It's got a cool old school patina paintjob from East Providence Fire Department that I'm hoping to keep and still be able to patch up the rust w/o making it look like a spotted dog.

My plans are to do some mods/updates to the "Firetruck", so the motor and axles will eventually be recycled into someone elses restoration, altough I plan on getting it up and running as is first so I can tool around in style, and who knows, the magic of the stockish 715 may change my modding plans.

notice the NEW top and nicely recovered seats (w/firetruck red piping lol)
I'm "really" an OD guy at heart, but the faded red and the door paint is just too cool to redo I think. Plus my 3yo loves the firetruck.
Guess it'd be a good excuset o source a water cannon for the bed huh?

Hey,
try to get the installation on the bed removed. It is not military. The seats look o.K., even remade for a fire truck or else. The original stufff is close to dead due to its age. This is to make it a MV. But if you want to keep it at civilian use do not mind to rebuilt and make the equipment on the bed workable. It is much more reare than an M715 as a MV. Your truck looks at least as a good base for a restored fire truck.
And fire trucks are somthing to collect, the more reare, the more money the are worth.
The other is your own feeling and intesion for it.
Wolf

KsM715

I was gonna paint mine OD (the one in my avatar) but just havent been able to bring my self to do it. It looks to good

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks