• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Im an idiot

davidkroberts

well after driving my truck up the hill and a buddy and i were fixing the bows on the softtop.... well he was i was working on the ignition system that was running rougher than it needed to. I got the bright idea to replace my points and set the spark advance....... well i got the points in eventually just had to remember how everything goes back in..... my last two trucks were a diesel and one i converted to electronic iginition so its been a few years since ive messed with points...

long story short...... if youve replaced everything and you know its set right make sure the thing isnt out of GAS !!!!!!!!!!!! that little jewel of knowledge could have saved us about thirty minutes of work.:roll:

oh and the Michelin 11.00 x16 tires are getting installed tomorrow.... ill post pics

littlebob

If it worked on it and it worked before check to sure to make sure something you did with attaching the wires is touching a ground or check them with an ohmmeter with the points open and the external wires disconnected to see if the points have a defect.
good luck!

Last edited:

davidkroberts

well bigger than everything she was out of gas. we put a bit in the carb and it fired right up. funny it waited until i drove up the hill to break the ignition down before it decided it was out. Now i just have to figure out why the rear turn signals are both flashing when i hit the signal switch for a turn and fix the break lights and it will be done.

maplehillfrm

well the turn signal problem, you probably have to check the air in the tires:wink:,, just kidding,

I have done the fuel thing more than once, you are lucky it only took 1/2 hour to think about the fuel though,,

you would be surprised how many people do that with farm tractors,, rip into the whole thing electrical,carb,etc, just to realize they are out of fuel,,

electrical sounds like you have 2 wires touching somewhere, I would check the rear of the truck first, good luck,pat

snakeater

well he is an idiot..........combustion engines run much better with fuel in them! We took the distributor apart 2 times, checked the gap on the points 5 times, stood around scratching nuts for 20 minutes. Then I asked the magic question " Dave does it have gas in it?" to which he replied " I don't know". 10 minutes after that I was driving it around the farm. We had our electrical/mechanical hat on and forgot to take the idiot hat off. Never good. All is well now, I hope. I am diving itno mine this week after I replace the brushguard and do a little painting. Snakeater

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks