• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M725 value?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was getting some wheels sandblasted the other day and happened upon a M725 ambulance. No motor, trans, or transfercase. . .

It hasn't been hacked up, has no rust, and has all the racks/cots in the back for wounded, other than the missing drivetrain it looks decent.

Whats it worth?

Pics soon. . . :p

Ed

FlatlinesUp

"no rust"?
ie museum quality?, or old faded dented rotted tires etc?

Loose guess $100-3k (over $1000 only if it's really nice)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The trucks don't really bring a whole lot of money, restored or not. If you can't get it cheap, as much as I hate to say it, pass. On the other hand, I got mine to beat off road and it is LOADS of fun. If you are looking for a toy, they are GREAT! Let me know if you want more info, I'll PM my number to talk.

Barrman

Chris is correct about not being worth all that much. However, the litters, racks and rear step are the first things thrown away normally. People wanting correct 725's are always looking for those items. Together, they aren't worth the suggested price, not really worth half the price even. But, they could be a source of some money back if you bought it.

Michael

The first question you must answer is are we talking "retail value" or "wholesale value"?

If you have always wanted one and have stumbled upon this one close to home then we are in the ball park based on condition of course, but if you just want it to flip it then it is way too high.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
The first question you must answer is are we talking "retail value" or "wholesale value"?

If you have always wanted one and have stumbled upon this one close to home then we are in the ball park based on condition of course, but if you just want it to flip it then it is way too high.
Was considering a "restoration". . . :?:

Kwai

Restoration back to stock engine/trans or make it a driver with modern drive train. I likely have the parts you need if you want to go back to stock drivetrain.

Michael

If you are going to restore it to keep, then buy it. Where else you going to get a 4x4 for 800 plus the cost of the motor of your choice? If it were here I might buy it, but then I already have two.

Just keep in mind what the others have said because you will never get your money back out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks