• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

715 SNAFU at the farm

gene imes

Had a little misshap last summer that got talked about today at the Christmas table. Dr Ron came clean that he had put the m715 in such a state and had to have his wife Carol pull him out with The Allis WD45 tractor. Maybe she should have been at the helm of the 715 to start with eh Doc?

Attachments

poppop

Just another day on the Farm.:-D At least he had a neat truck to put in that situation. Then he had a neat Wife who could drive a neat old antique Allis to get him out. Just one word sums this up, NEAT.:-D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is a really clean 715!

Welcome to the site!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. That picture shows one of the other design flaws of the 715, very limited suspension flex. Don't get me wrong, I love M715's, but a Unimog would have still had all 4 tires on the ground in this situation. Could you open the door?

91W350

Looks down on the chassis, left front tire looks like it had been spinning, right rear tire is air born, that one is stuck... Time for help!! I agree, that is one sweet looking M715! I know at times, I sure miss mine. Wish I could go back and let that young man drive it more than I did. He is approaching 17 now and vehicle thrills are harder to come by. Glen

Editing to say that I got his photo in my old M1008, I have one about that same time in my M715... off to search...

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

December 28th, 2009.

Definitely a situation for a Unimog.....S404.114's would not even notice the irregularity, and if they did, you just lock the differentials up. I did like the M715 as a hauler and a road truck, as they were faster and better riding then the M37's, but they had a temperamental water pump that always seemed to need new bearings..... Still, I miss driving them as they had a certain presence that the replacement CUCV's and M880's did not have.
Have a safe and prosperous New Years.....
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks