• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leo porter are you out there

weaver27

Any Fellow members in the Irving Teaxs area please help am looking for leo porter he used to mod the m715 for the milatary please any info or contact info would be helpful have tried many numbers with no luck would like to pick his brain and hear his story as would many of us he is a fading resource for the m715 please help email or pm me with any info thanks

weaver27

leo

I live here in michigan and am asking for help in Irving Texas if anyone could get to Leo Porters place and help him put together an inventory of what he has left for the M715 or anything else he has left the deal is that he is going to retire and i would hate to see any of his stock go to the scrap yard please get together with him and lets save as much as possible any help would be great please help Midway Supply Irving Texas

86m1028

I visited his place 6 or 7 years ago.

He was down to engine & brake parts then.

He did get rid of a lot frames & sheet metal 10-12 years ago.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heard that he has/is retiring and selling/sold out. Post this on m715zone.com and see what they say.

bcowanwheels

Leo is in his 80,s so take this into account when you speak to him. Be respectful. He,s a super fella and has helped me a bunch and gave me permission to reproduce his engine adapter kits years ago when he sold me the lastlast one he had and told me there was going to be no more made by him. His adapter kit is the one everybody else copyied but in aluminum. If you need his contact info call me and i,ll hook you up.
Bob
423 384 8938

Attachments

Reactions: NDT

farmall

I have one of Leo's trucks. What a great guy. I also bought a trailer from him made from the back half of a 715. His son is running a business on the old site now. I dont think there is anything military left. His health is not good but he keeps going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks