• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Last Truck Purchase

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won a M715 (726) Thursday, the last truck on my list, since God has convinced me through several failed attempts of obtaining another 5 ton that I just don't need one. This is a GSA auction win over at Goldsby OK( so I will Be receiving my SF97 in a day of two, free of charge), they had a slue of 5 tons but I know better than try for one of them. Anyway this 715 started off live as a 6217 maint. truck and still has most of the hardware including the front winch, which the fire dept. removed the drive shaft in order to run headers to the V6 they installed including power steering! I am sorry to loose the drive shaft but that did keep them from totally destroying the LU4 ( which is in remarkably good shape including the hook and chain). The other selling point on the truck was the fact that they just spot welded the big honking bumper over the original winch bumper. so a little grinding and we should be back looking stock in no time.
James

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy that Armada of yours knows no limits. Nice Kaiser! What is that giant data plate to the left of the steering wheel?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bows and troop seats were from a earlier stop, the troop seats were supposed to be fiberglass but it turns out they are half and half wood and fiberglass? I think the large data plate is for the rear pto operation for the genset/welder in the maint. bed.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks