• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 with 4bt cummins

bcowanwheels

JUST DOING SOME FINNISHING touches on another m715 with a 4bt cummins engine. sure fits nice but there the most expensive installs because of everything that is involved. i,ll be posting some finished product pic,s. soon in case anybody is thinking of this engine in there truck. hope this helps somebody.....
bob in tn.

Attachments

Pasaway

Awsome Work. Thanks for the pics. it's one of the engines I'm considering for my M715.
What tranny and axle gearing are you using.
can you post up some performance data after it's done?

bcowanwheels

105 hp, cpl 858 4bt, stock t-98 trans, NP 202 T-CASE,4.56 geared stock axles, 38" tall tires. Call me fellas if i can help anybody. A diesel is the most expensive option for a repower and i highly " do not " recomend it for a person who is not fimialiar with extensive fabrication skills and all related tools as each and every part of this job is " custom " theres nothing that is a simple task from the air intake to the exhaust ft. Bumper to rear bumper ettes. For the novice its alot better to do a small block chevy imo.
Regards
bob
423 384 8938 tn.

Last edited:

Tanner

How about the Isuzu engine - there are in a lot of small "city trucks" that end up in the junk yards?

Any one tried these.

I'm thinking about one for my M37
Some folks have looked into the Isuzu 4BD1/4BD2 4-cylinder diesel engine as swap meat, but there aren't a lot of offerings available on transmissions, outside of the GM 3L80/4L80E/ (possibly TH350/400)... the bellhousing pattern is a bit of a problem if you try a manual trans application - there were some early Isuzu tilt-cab NPR trucks with a 5 speed manual trans that SUPPOSEDLY had a GM pattern bellhousing, but I've never seen one, and I used to sell the Isuzu diesel as a remanufactured engine. Some guys have installed this engine into trucks & used the cable shifted manual transmission, but fabrication is obviously involved.

'Tanner'

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job!

I always liked the idea of putting 4BTs in military vehicles. I know Cabell has a M37 with one, I've seen -715s and some old civvy Power Wagons. One of these days I want to put one in a 60s era Dodge WM300 power wagon....

bcowanwheels

Alot of the inspiration & help-advise is credited to lee alessi. He's a super guy and always there when i had a question. Thanks lee a true friend to everybody. Wish i could share this build with the other m715 sites but i guess it isnt ment to be.
Regards
bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks