• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Under dash factory artic heater

bcowanwheels

Guy's i,ve been building m715's for about 17 yrs now and i just pulled a underdash artic heater assy and it has the biggest heater core i,ve ever seen in a stock m715 heater. This thing is huge.... It measures 8" x 9 1/2" x 3" thick and is 3 cores deep, the tubes are 1" wide .it has the provision for the 2 1/2" defroster hose hookup on top of it too... You talk about putting out some heat this thing i bet will run you out of the cab even with a soft top !!!! Doing a 100% resto on the entire assy. Also gonna convert the motor over to 12 volt. This is the nicest one i've ever seen. I was going to sell it but this is going in my personal truck when finished 4 sure. Check out this heater core.
Ps. Sorry about the caps but eyes are blurie tonight.
Bob

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why convert to 12 volt? Why not keep it 24 volt and original? I drove am M715 for a while in the army in 1970 in Germany. I could have used that heater! It was COLD in the winter.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you mean "stock M715 heater"? The stock M715 heater is not under the dash, it is in the engine compartment, and it will heat the cab to sweltering hot.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is the same heater as in the Gladiator pickups, only with a 24 volt motor. It was a kit from Kaiser. The kits are hard to come by. The motors are not. The underdash thing you are showing is a JC Whitney type universal heater.

bcowanwheels

in the 19 m715's i,ve owned none of them have had the heater you described and 7 of them had underdash units similar to this type and all hook up to the dash vents the same way. you dont have to post anything as you can think what you want and i will like wise.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't really have a DOG IN THIS FIGHT,but I been restoring MV's since I was 16 (I'm 53 now)
and I have built dozens of M-715's and have seen hundreds and the military TM's for them and
the only 2 heater kits I've ever seen are the one NDT has spec.ed above and the "GAS" fired
arctic heater. Not the rear bus heater from 1965 IH pictured above. But that said I have
also learned in this hobby"NEVER SAY NEVER" !!! That's my 2cents ,and popacom said that!!!!

Stihl029

I have many of the parts for the gas fired heater for an m715. They are out of a unit a friend had once that is now being altered to say the least

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks