• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new 68 convertible aka M715

50shooter

I started out by telling my wife that I wanted to purchase a 1968 bright red classic convertible. She wasn't very impressed. I added that it was a limited edition that was only produced for 3 years ish and approx 33,000 ever made. And still she wasn't too happy. Once I broke down and told her that it was another military truck she about went through the roof. Lets just say I spent the next two evenings in the basement to give her some space. I had every intention of buying the truck and not waiting another day. I tried to get her to agree but that wasn't going to happen so I had to make a command decision and buy it without further consultation.

Here she is. The "custom crome" railings were removed w/in two hours of getting it home.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice! Not a big fan of the running boards a la diamond plated, but the truck is in really nice shape, so two big thumbs up from me!

mcmullag

let us know how it goes

Nice truck but it's no Pontiac Catalina. Are you still getting fed by the spousal unit after that decision to bring it home?

What are all those levers for on the center of the floor, do they assist in putting down the top and storing it under the rear deck?
:lol:

50shooter

She still isn't happy but she has adjusted to the idea. I got brave enough to ask if she minded leaving her Suburban out so I could put it in her stall of the garage....probably wasn't the right timing to ask that yet.

The levers don't help w/the drop top. Wish they did cause that does not appear to be a quick operation. The levers do help it go places off road that it woudn't go without them.

Eric's hifim37

I always liked the " after effect " I pull that one every once and a while myself:twisted: just take her out and get her something she wants then you will have peace again :-o that truck will look great after you re-militarize it. Cool trucks ! I want one but too many M37's & command cars to look after right now.

Good luck, Eric.. :beer:

50shooter

I always liked the " after effect " I pull that one every once and a while myself:twisted: just take her out and get her something she wants then you will have peace again :-o that truck will look great after you re-militarize it. Cool trucks ! I want one but too many M37's & command cars to look after right now.

Good luck, Eric.. :beer:
I could help you reduce your inventory of M37's by trading you a M35. I want a M37 and then the last thing I need is a 1949 Power Wagon and I will be complete.........?

We are expecting hail tomorrow so I had to shuffle the garage around and park the M715 in there. She was all calmed down and happy again until she had to help with that. She called my truck several names and made numerous hurtful comments about it. Priorities, my new car and suburban are out in the driveway and M715 is comfy in the garage. Thought about asking if I could put her suburban in the drive and my new car in the garage but figured she may kill me in my sleep.

Eric's hifim37

Thanks for the offer, if I started trading then I would be in the same boat as you are and my wife is talking to me right now :wink:

I relate with the parking priorities, I just built a 25X80 shed to park my "military junk" (as my wife calls it) instead of taking her on a trip :grin:

You are probally going to get the storm that passed through here today, I can report that all my toys were parked undercover and did not incure any water damage from the storm, my wife could have cared less. I still owe her a Vegas trip though :roll:

Have fun !

Eric..

davidkroberts

wow did they really add a padded armrest on the battery box? Thats tacky.....

that is probably the straightest M715 ive ever seen, that fire dept took great care of it. You are a good paintjob away from a restored MV

50shooter

Houston ...we have a problerm. I've used the truck several times and the diamond plate steps along the side come in really handy. The rear diamond deck is a nice work bench or just to use as a shelf for saws and such. I didn't intend to leave them on but now I've grown kind of fond of them. I better sch. a CT scan of my head to make sure I'm still firing in the right order. The running boards are history though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks