• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

troop seats -n- bows M715

Eric's hifim37

Hi 715'ers

Question, are the troopseats & bows getting hard to find for these trucks ? I've heard the M211 Deuce bow corners are the same so they should be plentiful but I was mainly asking about the troop seats. I have a bed and the troop set up for it. I was going to pick up a 715 and collected this stuff about 10 years ago in case I needed them.

Thanks, Eric..

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original seats for the M715 are hard to find.

I made a set out of a M35 troopseats and bows. You can't tell the difference unless you really know the trucks.

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The metal parts are almost Identical ,The metal rings for the rear safety strap are different,What
else is different Warthog?

popacom / Bill Kagin III :driver:

Barrman

Most of us did what Warthog did. Cut down M35 seats. The base hinge for the M35 seats when the uprights are all the way in the slots are about 1" above the level of the bed rail. You can cut it down, but then you have to cut the angles seat supports as well.

The middle up right needs to be cut a lot because the fender well is in the way of it going down very far.

M715's didn't have head boards either.

The bow corners are the same.

The M715 had a connector running lengthwise to the truck between the bows to stabilize them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The metal parts are almost Identical ,The metal rings for the rear safety strap are different,What
else is different Warthog?

popacom / Bill Kagin III :driver:
I have never seen an original set, so I cant tell you the differences.

Here are some pics I took. I need to take some of the finished product.

The ones of the post show how I cut them off. Bottom is original, middle is for the corners and the top is for the center section (I had to cut it twice because of it being fubared)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks