• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering pump mount on stock 230 engine fab

bcowanwheels

power steering pump on stock 230 engine DONE !

well today i started a new project for the m715 230 tornado engine. gonna make a adjustable bracket setup to mount a gm power seeriing pump on it. hopefully gonna mount it right above the alternator so it will be close to steering box. gonna try to make it mount up high to keep with the deep water fording theme . i,ll keep everybody posted on progress as I,am sure theres more folk than me that want p/s with the stock engine. i,ve already got the h/d p/s box (4 mount bosses ) mounted along with hydro assist cylinder and a spin on fluid filter done/ extra capicity . now the fun part the pump........
bob

Last edited:

Wintermute

Bob,

Please post pics of this. I'm going to be doing the same thing in a couple of weeks and I'd love to see your solution for it. Are you working around the later model air filter or the earlier model top-o-the-carb filter? I was thinking of mounting mine on the passenger side in order to avoid having to work around the late model air filter canister.

--Wintermute

bcowanwheels

Well finally back on this p/s pump mount. Going to try to make it fit on d/s or on top. P/s is out of the question because of the fuel/vac pump is in the way. Should have some pic,s. This week.
Bob

kvflyer

The M715 that I have came with what looks like a GM PS pump mounted above the alternator. However, it was leaning so far to the side that it couldn't have had much fluid in it. I took it off and will replace the PS gear with a NOS standard gear. The bracket was home made/welded steel. One end was bolted to the head and part of the bracket was sandwiched between the alt adj bolt. I suspect your application will be much more professional looking and working.

BTW, not to hijack the thread but here is the soft top with the cab canvas supported by the parts that you supplied to me.

http://www.streitsonline.com/don/SoftTop.jpg

bcowanwheels

pump ended up right over the alternator. fill cap is same height as top of valve cover. going to add 1 more support bracket for the bottom even though its very strong as seen here. better to have it over built and never need it is my motto. heres some pictures.
bob

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks