• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found: M715 in junk yard

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this M715 in a junkyard. It has been worked on for the local fire dept, but other then that, looks complete. I did not look at it very hard, just long enough to take some pictures. I don't even know if it is for sale yet.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, that is the correct bed. Overall not a bad looking truck. Kenny, trust me, the one in the GSA auction was a turn key, drive anywhere truck. It was in great shape, much better than this one.

ryan77

Tow it home, tomorrow.................Save it before its ground up as scrap and sent to china to become a new jap car that a american will buy.............:drool:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks saveable. Could have been an Air Force truck, see the "airdrome signals" decal on the dash. Got a hard to find civy distributor in it, also the cool hang down air cleaner mod. Looks like some rust is getting a foothold on the front sheetmetal.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jump it at least for parts sake. Work the angle "its in poor condition so ill buy it for what its worth.. scrap" and a little extra to entice em. ;)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been converted to 12v and the Civvy distributor installed. Overall it is complete.

Go for it and save another piece of OD Iron.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It still has two batteries in it. I did not check to see if they were in series or parallel. The owner of the yard has yet to give me a price. It has been in his yard for at least 8 years, maybe longer. If the price is right, I might get it. I really want an M37, but beggers can't be choosy.

saddamsnightmare

June 29th, 2010::)

EMD567: (Yeah, I owned a GP 9 with one of those),

If you can get it, grab the M715 if the price is right, they are a much nicer truck then the M37, and I've driven them both. Cheaper on gas, faster, stronger, and some parts are common to the civillian Gladiator...... ;-) It's gonna ruffle feathers, but what can you say for a Dodge whose gas mileage is worse then a deuce, and just about as slow and noisy on hills....?fat lady sings

It still has two batteries in it. I did not check to see if they were in series or parallel. The owner of the yard has yet to give me a price. It has been in his yard for at least 8 years, maybe longer. If the price is right, I might get it. I really want an M37, but beggers can't be choosy.
This is how it works:

Buy the M715, and in less than a year, you will find a M37.

At least that's how it worked for me. Either way, you will love them both.

J2H

Def an Air Force truck or civ Airport fire truck! DANG wheres my luck I can't find jack! I DID find an old 50s Wayfarer on CL but nothing just driving around!

Last edited:

KsM715

This is how it works:

Buy the M715, and in less than a year, you will find a M37.

At least that's how it worked for me. Either way, you will love them both.

Hmmmm sounds familiar, only 1st its a M715, then a M818, trailers, shelters, a Deuce and so on......:p

Either way, save that truck. It will make good trade foder when you find an M37

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks