• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

first m-715 and got questions

ARDUECE

in the pics i show one of the fuel pump. it is missing some lines. any pics of what it's supposed to have would be appreciated and i would like to purchase them if anybody has them. also a soft top and hardtop. besides that it is a very solid truck. anxious to get ir running and covered with some od.

Attachments

WeBeJeepin

I agree with Dave. I bought a mechanical fuel pump for a early 70's Wagoneer and it bolted up fine, but after some running it started messing up so I installed an electric fuel pump from Auto Zone. I don't know whether there was some slight difference between the wagoneer pump and mine that made it not work correctly or if it is something else. I bought my soft top from Surplus City Jeep Parts and I am very pleased with it. A year ago it was only about $275. Are you familiar with www.M715Zone.com? They are a great source for info on these trucks. Good Luck!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you are missing any lines, just 2 ea 90 degree fittings, flare to pipe, that thread into the lower part of the pump, which is the fuel pump. There should not be a hose on the line coming from the fuel tank. It should attach directly to the fuel pump. You will need to rebuild that pump if you wish to avoid future ruptured diaphram headaches.

ARDUECE

10-4 thanks for the help. think i will try the electric fuel pump at least to check the engine out. its supposed to be missing/skipping

bumpkin

Isn't half of the M715 fuel pump used to help out the vacuum wiper motors??

Maybe those open connections are causing vacuum leaks?

Dave Ross N7EPI

ARDUECE

Isn't half of the M715 fuel pump used to help out the vacuum wiper motors??

Maybe those open connections are causing vacuum leaks?

Dave Ross N7EPI
thanks for the info. im still looking for a pic and the parts for the original routing. the lines, a tailgate,cab cover and switch are all that are needed to have a complete and original truck. can wait to have it back od green again. m

militarytrux

If I'm not mistaken you can use a mechanical pump from a 318 dodge to get her running. about $12.00 new and the diaphram wont dry up and puke fuel into the engine oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks