• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent pics of the M715

67Beast

N1265 said:
Is that an A2 fitted with an A1 forend ?.... Or is it a H-bar ?

I love it !
It's a fully auto airsoft rifle. It is a combo of pieces from different rifles. I started with a cheap ($12) single shot springer airsoft M16a1. I had that one in my truck for about a year and it can be seen in this pic from last year.

It had no real moving parts and you pulled back the charging handle to cock the gun. It has a removable mag that holds the 6mm plastic BBs in. This spring I bought a new full auto one on ebay for $89 that was an M4 shorty. I basicilly wanted it for the reciever. I swapped the parts from the A1 and a longer barrel to it to make the gun in the pics. There is a company call Marui that makes a M16a1 vietnam version but its $315 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AYZWJ/104-5936388-8829569?_encoding=UTF8&n=3375251 I figure with everything for the convertion I have around $125 in to mine. It's not like I use it for airsoft games, but it's neat to have in the truck because it gets a lot of questions and it neat to pull it out and let someone shoot a few rounds at full auto.

Elwenil

Tokyo Marui is the company that makes the Nam version of the M16. It even has 20 round style magazines and the early foregrip. I have the SR-16 made by TM that is based off a Stoner rifle by Knights Armament. It has all the logos and trademarks on it like the real thing, even though that isn't strictly legal. Mine is basically an M4 with a full stock and a flat top rail rail receiver with a RIS foregrip. I added an Aimpoint reddot scope, Magnesium receiver, 3 point sling, silencer and a few internal mods for more range and FPS and a custom camo paint job. All in all, I have about $1,200 in the rifle alone. Yeah, I know. I could have bought a real one for close to that, but I couldn't shoot people with a real one, lol. If any of you have played paintball, airsoft is similar, only much more tactical and a lot less mess. Nothing like being able to use real gear and authentic looking weapons for wargames. I'll try and remember to pop back in here when I get home to post a pic of my rifle. Sorry for the hijack Dave, lol. Nice rig as always!

Elwenil

And as promised, and to continue my shameless hijack, here is a pic of my modified Tokyo Marui SR-16:

The colors got a little washed out by the white sheet background and the flash. They are much darker than that and very flat. It's the typical Krylon Camo Paint system from a rattle can for reference.

[/end hijack]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks