• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M88 fuel rate?

nevrenufhp

Got a buddy that's heading overseas soon. He's getting an M88 like the one he has here. I helped him find the -34 manual on tpub online, but there's no fuel rate info. Anyone have some helpful hints & trix to do to it? I havent even seen an M88 since I got out in 1994. I'd say having the pack out would be about the only way to realistically do it. I got a bunch of info for trucks' fuel rates on my www. below, but nothing for the ol' Continental. I've always loved the way they sounded.

Thanks;
Dale
(unofficial king of overfueling)

nevrenufhp

He reported back that the M88 has 2 injector pumps, and the rate is extremely difficult to get to, even with the pack out. The Chief of his unit was telling him to adjust the fuel pressure, and aneroid, then see how it does. Afterall, it's 750hp already. For those out there that have had one, or drive one now, fuel rate will take some time to get to, and you have to do it both pumps, so a little tuning will be needed if you get to it. Sounds like more of a pain than it's worth.

Strykerboy

i know a few dude's that have allot of experience on m88's i'll give them a shout out and get back to ya' BTW i'm from Modesto too...:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks