• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTD: M715 to export to Australia

jimmyb

I am in Australia and currently looking into the viability of getting a M715 transported over.

I am looking at a price on the vehicle up to approx $7'000USD with added costs obviously for the shipping.

I am trying to find someone in the USA who I could use to source a good vehicle for me, either restored or modifed.

James

ps. I run www.ausjeepoffroad.com which is Australias largest online Jeep community if your interested.

Maverick1701

welcome to the forum!!!

i would love to wheel over there, I am fraught w/jealouly over yalls small diesels.

I would kill for an old ford maverick 4x4 w/the 4.2TD diesel engine (insert drool smiley here) ....or a patrol...or a hilux too!!!!

YouTube - My Ford Maverick

Last edited:

jimmyb

Will have to post some pics of my old wheeln jeeps from queensland and nsw. Robb thanks will def keep in mind thanks mate.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jimmyb,

I don't have a specific way to assist, other than to say you will likely preserve precious capital by purchasing and shipping from the west coast ports of the US. Transporting overland can be your largest relocation expense.

Have you explored the methods and costs of shipping? Will the M715 fit into a 20' container?
If you buy a $7k vehicle, I expect it will be operational, which will allow you to consider roll on/roll off service.

I too look forward to your successful importation of an M715. She'd be good to go fitted with a 6.5L TD using a Mark's adaptor!

Regards,

Rick

Last edited:

bcowanwheels

PM RETURNNED. I can build you a m715 to your specifications. i have 11 in inventory now. I just started a new build on 9/16/10. its in the tear down stage now alls thats left assembled is the cab, bed, frame & axles. should be down to rolling chassis by first of october. let me know if I can be of assistance. i have almost 20 yrs experience with these vehicles and can provide referances to attest to the quality of my work.
regards
bob

bcowanwheels

one thing about over seas shipping, the vehicle has to be steralized, no dirt, oil etc anywhere. so if you get a frame off restored vehicle you'll be past that point already.
just a thought.
bob again

jimmyb

Thanks for all the pointers guys, im still in the investigation point at the moment, and also needing to sell my FXR Harley to fund this crazy idea. I dont know if it will fit into a 20ft comtainer. I am off to the Jeep Jamboree in Melbourne (4000km round trip) in 2 weeks and hoping to catch up with a mate who brings containers in on a reg basis and see if he can help.

Also as promised some of my old Jeeps and Aussie wheeling pics.

Cornholio

I spoke with our customs broker / freight forwarder and the internal dimensions of a 20 ft shipping container are as follows:

228" long
92" wide
93" high

The dimensions of the M715 are as follows. The first number is without a winch, the second with.

Length: 209.75" / 220.75"
Width: 85" / 85"
Height (overal): 95" / 95"
Height (lowest operable): 59" / 59"
Curb Weight: 5500 lbs / 6000 lbs

So, if you drop the top, windshield, and pull out the troops seats (if included) and put them in the bed you can fit an M715 into a sea container but it will be tight.

Good luck in your search

jimmyb

Oh yeah, sorry read it via my phone and forgot to reply. couldnt stop looking the the pic you attached. Will go back and re read and get back to you when I get home... **** work gets in the way of life lol.

Cornholio

I hear ya and no worries. I was just curious if it had made it through or not. I doubt my truck would be a viable option given it's location...and the fact I would hate to see it go. LOL

But you never know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks