• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

US Army Tank Gunfire Simulator Cannon on the 4th

shadow

I just got a chance to get online sence the 4th. I made some noise again this year.:mrgreen: I have to do something to make noise around the 4th. I didn't shoot my black powder cannons so I set up my US Army Tank Gunfire Simulator cannon in the back of my truck and fired off some rounds. I pulled into a area right next to our trailer parks driveway that is being tore up to put a road for a new business. I figured no windows around, no cars, etc. I had a little problems with the fireing stage at first. It sounded like both the oxy and propane were being injected right (about 3 sec) but no bang. Just the click of the control box. I checked the leads for the batterys to make sure I had 24 volts and the safty button we wired into the circuit was working. 2nd try same thing, hiss for 3 sec and click-click. No fire. Dang it. I really don't like it when the gas is working but there is no fire. I unhook the power and face the cannon into the wind to help blow out the gas inside the barrel. After a little bit I try everything again. Same thing, hiss, click-click. GRRRR. :evil: aua I went to turn off the gases and for some reason I didn't get the oxy turned off. I try the switch again, hiss...BANG!! It worked! woohoo.:jumpin: I discovered the oxy is still on but the propane is not. I had to fire it by leaveing both gases on the first cycle and then turning off the propane gas and fireing it again. It worked every time doing it that way. (I discovered later that the gas input lines were covered in black soot)

I took some pics of my chevy truck with the cannon in the back. The gun is mounted so it can turn 360 degrees to point it anywhere. The gas lines and power cables go through the rear window to where the gas tanks and control box and batterys are. I have a safty line with a dead man switch hooked to the control wires so I can get about 30 feet away if I want.

I tried taking a camera (still shot and Movie shot) of it firing but the blast turns off the cameras so you only hear the hiss then blank tape. I did notice before that the propane hand bottles for sodering and stuff will snuff out if you are closer then 15 feet to the gun when it fires.

My sister who was standing about 25 feet behind the gun at a 45 degree angle said her shirt and paints blew backwords when it fired. I notice a punch to the chest and head standing at about 20 feet. The gun is supposed to simulate a 105mm or 155mm gun when it fires.

After shooting about 5 good shots, less then 20 sec after I unhook the power and start the truck a cop pulls into the courts driveway. :shock: I figure here we go, I have to explain it is not a weapon and it doesn't shoot anything, it's not a firework, etc, etc.. He pulls up next to me (at a 90 degree because of the road) and I walk up to him and he checks my id. I ask him what the problem is and he says there was a report of someone in a construction area. :shock: rofl OMG I am thinking to myself. I have the loudest item in town (echos 7 times across the area when it fired) and he is worried about me being in a construction area. LOL He doesn't really care that I am in the dirt area and says they are busy trying to find who has the big firework that is being reported around the area. I tried to keep from laughing. He flicks his flashlight at my truck and DOES NOT SEE THE CANNON! :roll: I could not belive it! They are looking for the big bang noise and he can't see a 6 foot long cannon sticking up in the air out of my truck. He gives me back my id and pulls ahead to turn around and parks there looking right at me (so I thought). I start to drive past him and when I clear his headlights I see he is looking down writing on a clipboard. His lights light up my entire truck and the cannon. I drive back into the court and call it a night. I really hope his on-board camera tape is played back so the other cops can laugh at seeing the cannon and the officer didn't see it on his call. rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks