• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Common problem not mentioned on m715,s

bcowanwheels

THOUGHT I,D BRING THIS TO EVERYONES ATTENTION regarding the m715 front end. out of the 30+ m715,s i,ve messed with almost all of them have bad spring eye bushings on the front. so if you folk are having front suspension woes check the front and rear spring along with the shackle bushings. the rear axle isnt as wear sensitive as the front unless its never or hardly ever been greased. just tryin to help everyone
bob

MJCougler

bcowanwheels,

When I brought my M725 home, it had a broken right rear (forward facing) spring mounting post. In removing the spring to fix it, I had serious problems getting the spring off. It seems the spring mounting posts and shackles were never greased and had seized-up. Now, in trying trying to fix the left rear, I can not get the forward facing spring mount to come off the mounting post. A bigger puller will hit the inside fender of my M725. I need a fire department hydraulic jaw to go between the frame and the edge of the spring, or something. WD-40, heat, and banging it from the rear even with the small puller still on it, was unsuccessful. Any ideas? The shackle "bolt" will not loosen either. I got the nut off the shackle bolt, but the bolt will not turn, even with a 3/4-inch breaker bar and a pipe will not yet loosen it.

I have posted several times on M714zone .com about the importance of greasing the spring mounting posts and shackles. This repair is very time consuming.

Thanks.

bcowanwheels

Your gonna have to unbolt the rear axle and remove it then pull or jack the spring up and down to get it to move, once it moves try to grease it , you probably will not be able to. With a helper move the spring up & down and have a helper use a big pry bar between the frame and inner side of the spring to work it off. I,d say you better hunt you a set of rear springs or have new oil impregnated bronze spring eye busshings made for your springs because there galded. The mounts "should be" repairable because there steel and harder than the spring eye bushings. You could also drive it and work the bushings to loosen them uo but you,ll run the risk of shearing off the spring mounting points. Hope this helps.
Bob

bcowanwheels

Do yourself a favor, call a.b.linn and get a new set of rear springs . He has them cheap. Then cut the spring eyes and remove the springs, this will leave the bronze bushing. Take a sharp chisel and split the bushing. Smooth out the mounting pins. You,ve alreadt runied the springs by heating them, heat will take the temper out of a spring. Jmo
bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks