• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m 715 park lights

Elwenil

You used to be able to get them new from New Star Parts Component Group. I would seriously consider an upgrade to the later style lamps with the larger lenses if this is going to be driven and not a total restoration.

odiegreen

thanks for the link. im just looking to fill the holes in the grill. so if anyone has a pair of old lights they dont need to work that would be great.

Barrman

They are around $50 each new. I doubt you are going to find working used for less than $30 or so each.

If you are determined to get used, they are on ebay all the time. However, that extra $20 is going to seem pretty cheap once you try to fix the faded, panted over lense and corroded bulb contacts. Not to mention the frayed insulation and broken Packard fittings.

MJCougler

turn signal lights for an M725

What kind of lights are we talking about. My M725 has turn signal lights that the FD installed sticking out of the side of the front fender. I need to remove them and would like a light that fits in the light hole just inside the headlights. What was there on a civ. truck? The turn signal lamps have a metal plate covering them up. Are there new lights to fit in the turn-signal holes? Any links of a vendor that sells these lights would be nice to show the different light options. I'm not interested in the military black-out lights.

Thanks,

Elwenil

A J-series truck would have little metal "pie pans" in the holes inboard of the headlamps where the military lamps go. There is a bracket that the military lamps need to space it off the core support about 1/2" or so. To my knowledge there is nothing common that will bolt in place of them but it would not be hard to make a metal plate with a hole int he center for some sort of commercial sealed pop-in lamp with a rubber mount.

Barrman

Lanty is correct about the pesky bracket needed to mount the small bucket military sealed light housing on the front of a M715. The M37, M35, M151, M38A1, Gama Goat and I don't know what all else used the same small bucket lights front and rear. They were all replaced by the big bucket lights found on M35A2's and HMMWV's. Look at my avatar and you can see the M715, tan M35 Gasser in the back and all USMC green M35 Gasser in the middle all have the same front marker/blinker/black out lights on them.

A lot of people including myself for a few months years ago have put the newer bigger light buckets on the M715 for better visibility to other drivers. Then, I started collecting all the small bucket housings I could to make a good set. I probably have 15-20 bad housing sitting around in a box that are useless because of stripped threads, broken stainless bolts in the aluminum and such. But, I got 3 good sets out of my trouble along with another pair of good rears on my car hauler trailer. New might be worth your time if you can't find good used.

He is also correct about making a pie plate looking thing to bolt in and hold a civi light of some kind.

odiegreen

im looking for the lense faces only. im going to mount them over civi flush mount lights.did it in the rear and it worked great. the only ones i found on line are the egg shaped h1 style. i need the 715 round ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks