• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filler hose

bcowanwheels

Why would a n.o.s. Hose that has been in the factory air tight military wrapper be scrap ? I have a dozen or so for my rebuilds and none are in any way damaged. There designed for long term storage. I open one up for every build i do and there just as new, soft and flexable. This is my experience with n.o.s. In wrapper surplus of all kinds pertainning to the m715 family of vehicles.

bcowanwheels

sorry but all of mine are committed to builds comming up. if i had a extra i,d sure let you have it. there on ebay quite often but you wont save anything so i,d just call the 2 mentioned parts places and order one. in all of the used ones i,ve seen there all bad. no getting around this one.
bob

odiegreen

the axles are mid 80s 14 bolt and dana 60.i moved the spring hangers under the frame to line up with the pearch on the front axle. that gave me plenty of lift for the 42s. the front springs are stock with 3 leaves removed.the rear are long chevy springs from mid 80s 1 ton truck. i used a 89 suburban for the motor trans transfer.the chevy trans crossmember worked and the front driveshaft was a direct bolt in.the rear shaft needed to be shortened 1 1/4 in. i used novak motor mounts and most of the wiring harness. still got a lot of bugs to work out but its comming along nicely.

bcowanwheels

You bet it looks good. I sure would like to see it in person. I really enjoy building and working on these trucks. I took a liking to them the first time i seen one and then my hunt for one was on. Now 20+ yrs later i still like them just as much and i have 10+ trucks waiting to be built or in the progress of being built. I meet alot of great people when driving, hunting for parts etc.
God bless you
regards
bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks