• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the 810/ 251 track pics

Toploader

Just got done cleaning up this ot810 (made to look like a 251) for re-enacting. Needed quite a bit of repair. But all in all is a good runner and fun to drive.
Im sorry if this is the wrong forum. Just thought some of you would like to have a look.

Back shot:

Diff pic:

The drivers side exhaust was completely torn off:

After pic:

Pulled the diff to check and see if everything was ok. Luckily it was.

Here is a before pic of the dash. I took it completely apart for sand blasting and to clean up all the guages switches, ect.

Thats all for now, I have to find my other camera chip with the pics on it. :wink:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
keep the pics coming! That is cool! [thumbzup]

Toploader

Re: RE: Working on the 810/ 251 track pics

Boatcarpenter said:
Nice project!!
Thanks Boatcarpenter.

Found a few more pics, still looking for a bunch.

Ended up taking all the vision blocks out and every piece that could be unbolted. Bead Blasted everything that could handle it and fit in the cabinet. :wink:

part of the seat frame and turning brake/parking brake lever, and Vision Block holder.

More parts cleaned and painted:

Inside all primed:

Dash going back together:

Almost complete, just waiting for the seat to get back with the new covers.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Working on the 810/ 251 track pics

That interior looks awesome! Wow. :drool:

Toploader

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked the pics. I'll post up some more pics when I get a chance.
This one is basically done with the exeption of a few minor details.

Mark

devilman96

DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT... Top loader... what is the purpose behind posting that??? Postings like this are totally unfair... I mean... that is hard enough to locate one of those... let alone buy one... and then restore it!!!!!... Its just plain rude! Only because its your and not mine!!! [thumbzup] Damn thing looks great!!!

I mean... geesh... I have enough problems with OD fever and here you go making me envious as all get out!!! :mrgreen:

*sigh*.... I need a cheaper hobby... correction... I need a better pay check!!!... correction... I need to hit the lottery!!! LOL

Toploader

Its not mine :lol: Not sure I would own one. I just work on them with a freind of mine.

If your looking for one shoot me a pm :wink:
Only thing I have is a rotted out 58 Duece. :lol:

I do get to drive it for re-enacting, and that is fun.

Im going to post some pics down the road on the T34, LVT's and other 251 were working on.
Hope you enjoy those as well.

Thanks
Mark

rmgill

Look up the GrosseDeutchland guys. I've worked against (I do Brit) them several times and they're a quality unit over here. I've heard they've got other elements out west that are also good and I came across a lot of them at Camp Gruber when a bunch of folks all over the country met there for a big event. Heck, they even trucked some 251s out from California to Oklahoma for the event!

Toploader

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look them up. Im with the WWII RPS in the 1st SS german unit. Well that is when I get the chance to go and have fun. I only know of the So. Cal CHG guys and a couple others from the net. Other than that, really havent paid much attention unfortunatly.(Too Busy)

I heard about that trip to Oaklahoma, couple of the guys I know went to that event. Said it was a great time.

Mark

rmgill

Turnout ended up being light because of a snow storm. We still had about a thousand there. There were three full companies of US airborne.

devilman96

TL,

Naw... If I ever bite that bullet (tracked / half) I am not going APC / AC ..... I am going full bore and getting a tank!!!

One can only dream... Did find a HT35G close to me the other day, had to lock the brakes up and do a u turn... Got me thinkin that i need to finish the deuce up quick!!!

Ryan, think I can fit AC in one of those??? LOL

Toploader

rmgill said:
Turnout ended up being light because of a snow storm. We still had about a thousand there. There were three full companies of US airborne.
Wow, was that the event were the Airborne hung all the parachutes in the trees with dressed up dummie's? Someone told me about that, and it may have been there? He said in the early morning, they were on patrol and came across dozens of Airbone hanging in the trees just at dawn. Told me it was unbelievable, plus how much work they went through in the middle of the night just for visual effect.

devilman,

I hear yah! If you have to haul them around anyway it may as well be big. 8)

rmgill

The way they deployed the airborne for the night time part of the tactical was great. Load a stick in a U-haul truck. Trundle down the road at speed, in the dark, have them stand up, open the door and then kick them out the door one by one as the truck trundles down the road at 5-8 mph and then leave them there. They're on a road, in the dark, no idea where they are, they have to get oriented and then go find their objectives.

Our group got dropped on our objective bridge ala Pegasus Bridge as a Brit company, turtled up and guarded our bridge. We also lit up the odd German vehicle that went across the bridge. The flares, odd MG fire in the distance and random fire fights off in non-descript locations or near the german towns (two MOUT facilities we had the run of for the weekend) was just perfect. Several combat vets that were in our group and others said that they had goose bumps the whole time. I know one guy I carpooled there from the Airport who was a Vietnam vet said it was the best tactical he'd been to in a long time and the whole thing gave him the willies through the night.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks