• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

loosing the 725

feldmarshal

Our m725 has been repoed by GEMA. They feel that the cost of maintaining the veh is too much, eventhough the FD and station bought and performed all repaires. They also got one from the HAM radio club, that was back-up for mass disasters. GEMA wants to sell both to buy something we really don't need. Both trucks started out as civil defence veh in the late 70's and have been in the county every since. They are both going on ebay soon, I plan to bid on one but wanted everyone to know so maybe they can go to a good home. This is in white county Ga. ,one is in my avatar, the other is white . If anybody needs more info or a preview, pm me and I'll find out. I will update this post when I get more info. Sorry if this may suposted to be in another catagory.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a crock! You guys spend all this time and money upgrading a vehicle and then the state agency decides to come and take it? What are they going to replace it with, a CUCV? I would be fighting this hard if I were the chief!

M920

That looks like a really nice and well maintained truck.....why in the world would they want to replace it if you guys are buying all the parts and do all the maintanance/repairs?!?

Just stunning what people will do to justify their jobs.....:deadhorse:

Soni

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Why replace a truck made in the late 90's? Why replace a truck from a Fire Dept that the Gov. doesnt pay to maintain... its our Gov. Nothing ever has to make sence.

I like your guys 725 , my small town still has a Beautiful M715 they drive once a week and to brush fires.

91W350

We have a rural fire station here with three beautiful M715s. They have Chevrolet 400s in them, rear lockers and one has a remote brush jet on the front. They use them hard, but they keep them extremely nice. They are always in the parade and it is really nice to see them in that kind of shape. I hope they get to keep them as the guys really enjoy keeping the old girls up. I am not sure who does the work down there, but those three are super nice. I hope you can figure our a way to keep yours. Glen

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If GEMA wents the truck back, take ALL the stuff OFF that you guys BOUGHT and installed, then bid scrap value, if you get the truck, great, buy the parts, if not the F/D can sell the parts and get some of there money back eather way

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Another prime example of gooberment run amok.

It could be that someone in the system has their eye on them and plan to snag them when they are auctioned off.

Not that any gooberment official would do that......noooooo, never.:roll:

50shooter

Without knowing all the circumstances, I'm voting that someone is pulling something. I think Wreckerman has it right. No way would those trucks be on their radar if no invoices have been sent through regarding them. The govt. is lazzzzzzy so out of sight out of mind, nothing has come up to trigger them, why pull them only to replace them. I'm betting if you follow this to the final sale, you'll know who was behind it either directly or indirectly.

bcowanwheels

Our gov. Is broke like all of us and there scrambling to get $ together. They,ll do everything except the right thing as they want to bring about one world curancy and government like the colapsing of europe is in now. Get ready its a comming...

Takai13

A nother clasic case, THE Head doesn't know what the Tail is doing!! BUT one has to wonder witch "HEAD they are USING " Skidder
Sounds more like a case or "where" the Head has been stuck! Makes zero sense to to take active units (that you don't maintain) away from the department that is using them in an effort to cut "maintenance costs". And how quickly are they going to replace those units? The powers that be tend to move slowly so I hope that your department has enough units available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks