• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I bought another one!

67_C-30

Kbarrell had some parts that I needed for my 715, and ended buying the whole thing! - well at least half of it. I needed a good tailgate and a top, then found out it had near perfect bed, doors, a fair hood and a decent windshield. It also had the hood mounted driving light, rear bumperettes, pintle and rings (which mine were missing). Then I found that the front frame he professionally built to accept a 6BT Cummins/5 speed and had been extended for use with a Duece winch. He had Deuce axles and 52's on it. We struck a deal, and I brought it all home. I know I'm going to use the best of the parts of both of them for my stock M715, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest. I have a Cummins/5 speed that I may put back in it, but I haven't decided yet. I may end up selling the frame and the other body parts later. Either way, I couldn't go wrong. Thanks again Keith!

Here's some pics.

Attachments

KsM715

So does this mean you have a second set of lower tailgate hinges? Or were those missing on your truck too? If you got extras I will buy them. (if your willing to sell) Could you get a close up pic from the side of the black-out driving light on the hood. I know what the bracket looks like but I dont have a good reference to what the light itself looks like.

67_C-30

So does this mean you have a second set of lower tailgate hinges? Or were those missing on your truck too? If you got extras I will buy them. (if your willing to sell) Could you get a close up pic from the side of the black-out driving light on the hood. I know what the bracket looks like but I dont have a good reference to what the light itself looks like.
Sorry, but I didn't have any hinges or tailgate parts for my other one, but I will be glad to get pics of the hood light for you tomorrow. I think the outer guard is bent a little on it, but the light is in great shape.

bcowanwheels

It just about takes 2 good trucks to make 1 nice truck. A 6 bt in one of these is a bugger to make work and alot of time & $$$$$$ imo a 4bt is perfect as far as a diesel goes and alot less $$$$ & time fabing but still a chore for a novice. A sbc or bbc is alot easyer and lots of $ cheaper.

67_C-30

Sorry, forgot to do this yesterday. We were bracing for the massive ice storm that didn't turn into too much (thankfully) so it slipped my mind. I went and picked a Dodge M880 yesterday morning and spent the rest of the day cleaaning out and testing the kerosene heater and working on my generator. Here's the pics. If you need anymore shots of it, just let me know.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks