• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m715 questions.

Willscustoms

I need a few things for my 715 and need a little information.

Are the motor mounts on the Civ. and Mil 230 the same? If not where can I get Mil motor mounts?

My truck is converted to 12v and I want to retain the original BO lights. Can I just replace the bulbs with 12v bulbs and everything work properly?

I have a Delco HEI dizzy on it. Do i just order plug wires for the civ. model?

I have replaced plugs, cleaned the dizzy, rebuilt the carb. but my truck will not idle off choke. It runs excellent as long as it does not go below around 1000 rpm. Anything lower it will stall. it runs excellent with no valve noise or anything but will stall at idle. Any advice on this would be great.

Where is a good place to get brake parts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The motor mounts are not the same. All the lamps can be re-bulbed to 12 volt except for the blackout drive lamp, unless you cut it open. Your no idle issue sounds like a vacuum leak, check for blown diaphram in the vacuum booster pump. If it dies because of flooding, check the rubber o-ring around the carb float needle assy. Parts for these trucks requre calling all over: try Saturn, Front Line, Surplus City, Memphis Equipment, Vintage Power Wagons, etc etc. Good luck!

Willscustoms

Yeah my motor mounts are nearly non existent. I dont have the vacuum booster anymore nor the mechanical fuel pump. I am running an electric pump thanks to the previous owner. I rebuilt the carb with an army surplus kit. My big concern was the marker lights as I purchased a 12v Bo drive light. Thanks! If anyone comes across motor mounts please let me know!

odiegreen

i may have the moter mounts. if anyone can post a pic of them ill go through the parts that came w/ my 715.if i have them their yours.

Willscustoms

I would post a pic but I dont have enough of mine left to be helpful. The PO used 2 u bolts to secure the motor on the passenger side and the drivers is collapsed. There is a dent in my floor on each side of the shifter hole where the trans hits the floor on load and unload.

bcowanwheels

I have tons of parts for these trucks. As far as your engine issue i bet your "sock " on the bottom of you fuel pickup is just about plugged up. Pull your fuel tank so you can look inside it and i bet its rusted up..... Most of these trucks are from sitting. Use a temporary fuel caan and plumb it in to the fuel line and run on it and see if this cures the problem. If i can help you conntact me.been doing these tks. For 20 yrs.
Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks