• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New M715 Owner

kvflyer

Greetings to all. This is my first post here. I must say that I have found a wealth of information here. I look forward to the warm weather to get going with the restoration of my M715.

I was in the army for three years. Two were spent her in the USA and the last year was in Neu Ulm, Germany. I has an M715 assigned to me for most of the time. I was in the Service battery with Pershing Battalions. I always enjoyed driving the truck and wanted one for years. One appeared less than two miles from my home a year ago. I asked the owner if he was interested in selling it. It was his son's and the son wanted to restore it.

It sat for another year. On a whim, I stopped by the shop only to find the 5/4 still sitting undisturbed. I asked again and within a week, it was sitting in my driveway. It is mostly complete but needs some parts.

I need some parts and will post in the classified. Thanks for taking time to read this post, I hope I can contribute something when the weather gets warm!

This is the truck I just got:

And this is the truck I had in 1970 in Neu Ulm, Germany:

kvflyer

This is a little OT and I will post in another forum as well.

A gentleman indicated that he lived in Richmond and was interested in the roll bar that I took out of my M715. Somehow, I have lost that thread/PM or whatever it was. I am sorry. If you are the guy, please get in touch with me. My offer still stands but now, I don't know how to get in touch with you. It was an "Operator Error" on my part...

91W350

Here is a picture of the first M715 that was assigned to me. The time would be summer of 1969 and the location would be a reservoir up in Abajo Mountain, Utah.

Another great looking truck, of course it was close to new then..... anybody else catch the bridge plate number? :mrgreen: Nothing new I assume... Glen

Attachments

Amer-team

Congratulations on your acquisition. Nice looking truck. I especially enjoyed the pic of your Germany truck with its raised white letter Goodyears. I drive a 67, 3F 5632 and it still has the original Goodyear tires.

kvflyer

Thanks for the kind words. That is really cool that you have the Goodyear tires. The tires on my m715 are some no-name but they have lots of tread. I am not naive enough to think that they are as good as new. (I had a blow-out doing 75 MPH on Interstate 95 two years ago in my '65 Corvair!) But as you know, we don't drive these trucks very fast and a large tire is turning slower than a 13" tire.

The raised white letters on the Goodyear tires was actually done by me with a brush used for model airplanes and silver model paint. The silver never turned brown like white paint would.

Pictures of your truck?

Amer-team

Here is a photo from last summer at the park for the 4th of July. Hope this works. It is my first time trying to put a picture up. This truck is a 67. It has 3 tires that are marked 1967. they are pretty weather checked so have been thinking of getting a few more rims and getting some other tires to put on to drive with and then use these tires for display. It is marked with the 9 Medical Battalion of the 9th Division. An interesting side note is that the 9 Medical went to Vietnam in Jan. 1967. And came back from Vietnam in 1969. This is a June 67 truck.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Good looking truck. Welcome to the site. Since you are in MD, you should make every effort to come to Aberdeen in May for the MV show. If you get to the point you can;t find a part, you should be able to get it there. Expect it to cost a little more but you will probably find anything and everything you need. Good luck with the project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks