• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Radiator

Robert Denton

Hi guys,
My M715 Radiator is just starting a very small leak. I want to find a NOS one or a place to find a reasonable same replacement. I don't have to do it immediately but will if one can be found. The problem is I don't want to put one in if it limits use with a different eng. swap in the future. What if any engines that usually go in the M715 will work with the original radiator and does anyone know the best place to get one? I prefer putting the original for now so I can do other vehicle upgrades, Brakes, steering, etc. you know so I can drive it right away.

Thanks Bob

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed, have your original repaired and then treat it with super care, i.e. put fresh coolant in there every few years. These radiators are very hard to find, and NOS ones are not to be found at all. The stock radiator will handle the common 350 Chevy swap.

Wolf.Dose

Get you old one rerpaired, new tubes and finns should be available at the radiator shop for acceptable money. The NOS is 40 years old and - scrap - ! The core survives some 15, max 20 years dry (and wet not so much more). The water cases on top and bottom are normally standard replacement stuff. So a rebuilt one to new should be possible from the radiator shop. Do not try that by yourself, the failure is progammed. This job needs a lot of practice in this special skill. And the new cores are useually better than the historic stuff. And painted black, they look the same.
I got my radiator rebuilt already 2 times in the last 28 years. Only new makes a reliable truck.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks