• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 - Zero to Hero?

GoldComet6

That's the thought behind the article - a disappointment when new, but a cult classic now.

It's from the April 2011 issue of Hemmings Classic Car magazine. They have added a few truck articles each month now and have covered MVs a few times before. I recommend the magazine if you like old cars & trucks - it's certainly worth the subscription price. If you want to see similar MV related articles in the future let me know, otherwise I won't bother posting these anymore.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

3/4 ton?
I would have thought Hemmings would proof read a little better than that.

Maybe its one of those April fools additions

Last edited:

bcowanwheels

The m715 was perfect for what it was designed for and did its job admerably especially when you consider everybody wants to drive it wide open + some and over load it to the max. Not many vehicles even today can take what this old work horse has taken. Best truck ever made in my opinion and i have 11 of them.
Just my opinion
bob

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree the M715 is a neat vehicle and fairly reliable. The only issues I remember with the M715 from my Army days was a problem with lubrication on the top end of the Tornado engine and overheating problems with the transfer case. I drove one for a while in the early 70s and would love to have one now.

countcv61

That's the thought behind the article - a disappointment when new, but a cult classic now.

It's from the April 2011 issue of Hemmings Classic Car magazine. They have added a few truck articles each month now and have covered MVs a few times before. I recommend the magazine if you like old cars & trucks - it's certainly worth the subscription price. If you want to see similar MV related articles in the future let me know, otherwise I won't bother posting these anymore.

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for this! Interesting reading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks