• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Place to get original paint for M715

Barrman

Rapco and Army Jeep Parts in PA are the only two places to get the Gillespie paint. As said above. Good stuff, easy to apply and pretty darn tough.

jozepy

Ok well I found the paint for a decent price , question now is how much do you think I will need to shoot the M715. I know I can cut the paint some but I dont know if 1 gal with do the job "Right"

Barrman

That depends on how much you are going to paint. You pulling the cab/bed/front end to paint every single part inside and out? 4 gallons.

Just pulling the bed and painting everything else on the truck? 3 gallons. I wouldn't get less than 3 though even if the bed is staying on.

Here is the kicker. You have to pay a HAZMAT fee to get the paint shipped. The fee is the same for 1-4 gallons. You might as well get 4 since the box will hold it and you are paying for the shipping of 4 anyway.

Dodge man

Barrman is right about the Hazmat fee but you can get a pallet load for one hazmat fee! So if you have any other MV owners around you can order a large load on one hazmat fee and have it shipped by truck at a reduced rate per gallon and split the stuff. Rapco will let you mix colors and order both rattle cans and full gallon cans in a single order.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks