• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC M215 pics

M215

Hello SS,
Ok, it is almost complete, just need to do the USN Seabees markings! It runs great and is very easy to drive as long as you are not in a hurry, about 45 mph. The other day I had both the M35 and the M215 parked in the driveway, never realized how much smaller it was compared to the M35.
Karl

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks great!!!!!!!! :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice. Never was much of a fan for the 211/135 trucks but the 215 and the 221 tractor are ver cool looking. Yours is a prime example of a top shelf truck.

Boatcarpenter

Very sweet looking rig!! By the way, I already have my doors on my Deuce marked with the Seabee logo etc, and am about to do the bumpers. Are you going to put Regiment and Battalion #'s on and in what color. My U. S. Navy and truck # are black on the doors and the Seabee logo is yellow. My recollection is that the bumper markings were white, but Kenny said his were black on his pipeline truck. What are you going to do?
Thanks,
BC

M215

Seabee markings

Hello BC,
I have not done much research on the proper markings / colors, so any help would be appreciated. I'm taking the truck to the Viriginia War Museum show this weekend, there is a Seabee guy there who is helpful.
Thanks, Karl

Boatcarpenter

RE: Seabee markings

Karl,
I really don't know any more than I mentioned. I have seen several pics of doors marked with black and yellow so I'm reasonably certain that is OK. As far as bumper markings, I think I will go with white until I find out otherwise. If you find out any good info over the weekend, I'd love to hear about it.
BC

pa.rich

I have an M211 with a dump troopcarrier bed on it - someone took the pto off it before I purchased it. The truck is just for parts. Does anyone know if this was a conversion job or did it come this way? There are no plates on the dash. If I could obtain a pto for the rear facing driveshaft I would put it on my good 211 that I am restoring. Otherwise I will purchase an electric /hyd. lift. I hear the double ptos are as rare as hens teeth! Your dumper is a beauty and there is one for sale in Hazleton but is junk.He wouldnt take less than 1000 for it. Cab is crushed, doesnt know if it runs but has the excact frame and size body as yours.I lost interest in that truck obviously.He wouldnt sell parts off it either.It was the M215.

nickmi05

Very nice! I hope we can get the one I'm working on looking that good. It's in perfect shape. Good job!

M215

Color

What shade green is that?
I painted this truck with Gillespie #34087 Lusterless Khaki Olive Drab, which may not be 100% correct for this truck's era. #24087 Semi-gloss OD was not standard until 1957 (?) and since the truck is a 1953 that was one of the reasons for the color choice. I have painted two vehicles in the Veitnam #24087 and was never happy with the end result, either too shinny or the paint was to soft and not very durable. I have been very happy with the #34087.

I'll need to update the pictures of the dumper, since those were posted it has received it's markings. Ended up marking it as Army 29th ID engineers.

Plans are to have it at Aberdeen in 08.

Thanks, Karl

emr

RE: Color

WOW! I could not wait to get to the bottom of this thread to say Man that is one of the nicest and most original trucks out there, !! Great to see it, That rolling Hood is what I fell in love with as a Kid! And the Dump really is the best looking for me after seeing your truck!! You must be Proud of that Baby!!! Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks