• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

68 M715 Compound 6BT in!

tndonor

Didnt have to cut the firewall for the 6B to fit. Had to cut it for the piping from the secondary turbo. NV4500 np203/205 doubler. OBW, OBA. HP D60 front OXd 4.56 14b 4.56 detroit discd.

Teaser for the purists

tndonor

I get bored and graffiti the living daylights out of the truck. Eyelashes made me laught too that day.....well every day haha.

Should be at 500hp at the wheels. Oncw together, It will be dynoed, off roaded, entered in truck pulls when the fairs come around. Should be a hoot

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know much 'bout much, but is the HP 60 a strictly Ford item? And how did you mate the transfers to have it come together?

X2 on more pics.

Rick

tndonor

Ill post some pics up after this weekend if you guys want. Ive been a lurker for years with nothing to post. Finally got my dream vehicle (first vehicle I ever lusted after.....ferraris, lambos....keep em).

Project Jungle Rot

Cummins 6BT P7100 pump Mac Rack plug, custom fuel plate, timed 17*, 5x0.18 injectors, o-ringed head, ARP head studs, HX35/HT3B compounds

Nv4500, South Bend Clutch, 203/205 double with triple sticks 1410 yokes on tcase and axles

79 HP Dana60 4.56 OX locker, 35 spline outers, rockcrusher flanges
14 Bolt 4.56, Detroit, discd
325 Michelin XMLs
On board welder
Oasis OBA
Warn M15000 front
Ramsey RE12000
MRAP seats etc etc etc

tndonor

Don't know much 'bout much, but is the HP 60 a strictly Ford item? And how did you mate the transfers to have it come together?

X2 on more pics.

Rick
High pinion Dana 60 were a ford thing. They are reverse rotation to keep on the drive side. As you move above the centerline in a low pinion axle, you would be driving off the coast side of the gear, hence reverse rotation to cure that. Also, Ford uses thick gear sets so as you go above 4.10, you dont lose material in the ring gear. The advantage is getting the driveline higher up

Transfer cases are using an ORD doubler with a 203 from behind a TH400 for the 32 spline input and a ford 205. I had a chevy NV4500 mainshaft put in for the 32 spline output and avoid the 5th gear issue.

tndonor

New heater (Danhard) using NOS ducts. I liked this heater as there is a ball valve to isolate the coolant flow out of the cab in the warm months. And the two ducts for defrost do not take away from the four for the cab

tndonor

1/4 rocker planels/sliders

Oasis compressor in battery box

Ignition panel/controls for winch battery, etc from 12voltguy

tndonor

All the small stuff that I didnt have time to post pics of.

-Hydraulic pump from f600 for hydro assist. Steering box drilled and tapped. 1.5 x 8 ram on axle.
-Ox locker cable run to cab
-H4 conversion using Hella lights.
-8 rock lights for under body
-3/4 npt to -12 hose into oil pan for HT3B
-Guages in (boost, pyro, volt, speedo, oil press)
-On board welder ordered
-Plates for rear winch and batteries on hand and ready for assembly.
Fuse block mounted in glove box.....Ill have to get pics of that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks