• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 fit on a Uhaul Trailer?

EastCoastKaiser

Anybody ever squeeze an M715 onto a Uhaul car trailer? They rate it for 4000lbs, 133" wheel base, and max 79.25" outside tire width. Wheelbase is no problem but I'm a bit over on width and quite a bit over on weight.
I'm hoping they put in a factor of safety since its a rental.
Otherwsie I'll be flat towing it behind a deuce and that has me a bit concerned on a 60 mile ride.

EastCoastKaiser

RE: Car hauler

Good tip. There are indeed two vintages. The newer ones are galvanized and the old style are orange paint. The real big difference is the new ones let you fold the wheel wells out of the way so you can open the doors on a car or in my case buy a few more inches to get the front tires by the wells. Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

My trailer was plenty good enough to tote the M715 but had a doozey of a time with tires. The 715 is a bit heavy. My tires load rating was about 1600 ea tire and I blew 3 all together but it was a 1200 mile ride.

EastCoastKaiser

Well I think I may try the Uhaul route. Best case scenario I get home with no issues, worst case scenario I'll have some nice photos to post of the carnage.
I've got until Nov 4th before I have to pick it up so hopefully I can get a line on a larger trailer by then.
Thanks for the tips.

NEIOWA

Take a look at the Ryder trailers. Alum with full floor. Much superior in all ways to the UHaul orange trailer. I hauled a '49 Lincoln 2000mi on a Ryder trailer in 1990 with no problems at all. I'm sure wt at least that of a M715. As I recall the Lincoln was to wide to get on the UHaul.

EastCoastKaiser

Well I got the first one home without a hitch. Come to find out the seller had access to a 12,000lb trailer and made my life a lot easier. Just barely fit width wise, in fact the hubs were over the trailer wheel wells but a little room to spare on length. I've been terrorizing the neighbors as there's no exhaust on the 715. Bringing the 725 home this Saturday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks