• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 230 water pump build

bcowanwheels

Going to rebuild 6-12 stock m715,230 tornado water pumps very soon. i,ll be posting some pictures along the way . first will be of a completely broken down water pump so everybody can see what the guts look like. i have them already broken down now and the components being cleaned as i write this. as you all know if you have a water pump on these engines go bad it 99% of the time takes out your radiator and with the price of copper now it makes it a very pricey failur. with the weight of the massive 4 groove pulley combined with 3 fan belts its extreamly hard on the bearing. always remember keep your belts adjusted a little on the loose side, you should be able to move the belt 1/2-3/4" up and down. and all 3 belts should be a matched set. more to come very soon.
bob

bcowanwheels

Just waiting on the cleaner to get everything done then i,ll post some good pic's for you fellas. HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB IS GETTING EVERYTHING APART WITHOUT DAMAGEING ANY COMPONENTS !!! I had to make several special tools and it took me a while to design them.
Bob

bcowanwheels

its very doubtful you,ll be able to rebuild your own water pump because i had to fabricate 4 special tools just to dissmantle the water pump not to mention re-asembling it.
parts are as follows
1. aluminum main body
2. pulley
3. impeller ( has to be machined on sealing face before re-a-sembly
4. bearing ( must be replaced)
5. bearing retainer clip
6. seal ( must be replaced )

P/S
parts are at my chemical stripper for a while now, he just got in a federal gov big job so my work got pushed to the side. as soon as he get mine done i,ll be doing a full post on the parts.
bob

bcowanwheels

yes there is. A special fixture to hold pulley and a 30 ton press to remove it then the press again and another special fixture to keep re-installed depth correct for the belts. I can do it for you if you need me to.
bob

bcowanwheels

"finally" got the parts back from the stripper and now there being coated for protection. Got the new bearings and seals in also. Will have a full wrte up in a couple days. Sorry for the long wait it was out of my hands.
Bob

bcowanwheels

Well got all my ducks in a row. Heres the components in a m715 water pump all refurbished main components and new u.s. Seal and bearing. Sorry it took me so long guys.
Bob

P/S
GETTING THE IMPELLER OFF THE BEARING SHAFT WITHOUT DAMAGE IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE WHOLE JOB !! IT IS VERY FRAGILE AND EVEN NOW EVERY 4-6 PUMPS I BREAK ONE GETTING IT OFF.........

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks