• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

427 TD

1ton

My J20's 401 has been running good since June, but all of sudden it has several problems, the valve covers are slobbering, there is a hint of blue smoke on start up, and every once in while it die while accelerating. The J20 needs some rust removal anyway so it wouldn't be to much more to get a 427 and a 5 spd in there. I am at least going to find NV4500 to put behind the 401.

What would be a good price for a 427TD? 3053A? NV4500? Also best way to tell the difference between a 366TD, 427, and 427TD. I know where a couple of GM single axle dumps are sitting, so i might just make an offer on a whole truck. :idea:

If I was to do the whole thing right I need a 6bt, a 10spd, 5 ton axles, and 12.00R20's on a bobbed 2.5t frame. Then I would need to have higher necks on my goosenecks. :lol:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC you can tell the tall decks by the measurment between the water pump bolt holes and the deck surface. I'm sure a google search will turn up that info. Also might be able to find a reference manual for the casting numbers.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think he asking for the diff between the 427 and 366. Block casting is all I would know. The casting is on the back of the motor, and will NOT be fun to get if its installed. Good luck and let us know how things go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks