• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Starting M715

EastCoastKaiser

My latest addition to the family (67 M715, all stock) doesn't like to start w/o a shot of starter fluid. Only needs it when starting for the first time. A quick shot or two of starter fluid and half to three quarter choke and it starts right up. Once its running I can shut it down and restart no problem. I'm assuming I need to rebuild the carb but wondering if it could be something else I'm overlooking. My other 715, you never touch the gas when starting, just half choke and hit the button. If you pump the gas before cranking you'll flood it. According to the quarks manual thats the way they should be. I tried pumping this one and go figure, flooded it.

jfnemt1ff1

Yep carb problem could have a bad power valve or acc pump. Both come with rebuild kit. Make sure all the little ports inside of the carb are clean during cleaning.
John.

MrAugust

mine only starts for a short burst then stalls.... had it tuned up... plugs cleaned... carb set up........ the valves were all over the place... think il take your advise c clean cab... but it dont like the choke either....

oilcan

it dont like the choke either....
If your truck never needs the choke, and runs rich, pull the idle mixture screw. Mine was crammed in so tight that it ruined the carb body and the screw. That's one of several reasons I went ahead and swapped the motor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks