• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

715 progress

sermis

Winch lools like the stock LU4.
If the bumper did not slope back on the outter edges it might look ok with the top plate on it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't think that it looks so bad. If you think about how the stock bumper is straight across, it really kills aproach angles. If I were to have a stock winch, I would probably fab up something similar. I'd rather have my tires hitting the rocks or hills than my bumper. I say its a keeper.

Crazy_Matt

The bumper came with the truck and will more then likely stay.

It used to be a fire department truck too, then was sold off and the truck sat for ~5 years till I got it running.

Then paint.

I'm making slow progress @ this project since I work WAY too much. I'm getting there tho.

Sanded most the bed last nite.

Looking more and more @ the truck I'm not happy with the way the cabs turning out, so I'm gonna wet sand it and do another coat of paint.

Attachments

Crazy_Matt

I sanded for a hour tonite @ work - making some headway at least

Got a jerry can to paint to match too - should make it a lil cooler.

Found out why the truck look sliek its smoking - the head gasket is trashed -ack Looks like I'll getta help with that too prolly :D

How hards a hg on a 230 to do?

Barrman

Lee is right. You have to do the gasket only and hope it works. The timing chain is the problem. The only other way to do it is to have a good machine shop take off just enough for you to run 2 head gaskets. I would not recommend that since it is more of a band aid than a fix and there are so many really cheap or free 230's all over the country.

Crazy_Matt

Ouch that sucks.... guess Im cleaning the head really good and putting it back on there.......

I should have some more pics to post tonite of the bed being painted this time. :D Thats if I decide to get off the intraweb and my lazy butt- then paint :)

Crazy_Matt

Heres a few more pics its about done - still could use a wet sand job and what not - but next on the list is a head gasket.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks