• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seeking volunteers to help with -725 project. Free beer

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I need motivation, and expertise. I have so many projects to do around the house on a normal basis that by the time I get to working on my Kaiser, I'm bushed and lose motivation. I also have no experience restoring vehicles by myself, which makes a lot of the technical work I do suspect. Like: "Gee, I sure hope the brakes work right - I have never redid an entire brake system before." You should see me with the -34 manual, staring at it like deer at a pair of high-beams.

Uncle MadDawg wants you!

Well, not you really, but I need help with this pile of crap, getting it going. Looking for a couple individuals who can meet me at my place early next year, have a rebuild party on a Saturday or something of the sort, and I will provide BBQ and free beer to those who show up. Especially need help with getting a 10-year dormant engine going and tuned, and some bodywork (I don't do welding).

Thanks for your time. Please insult my lack of automotive intelligence following my signature.

Barrman

Gee Mike, Why don't you just load up the truck on a trailer. Don't forget the beer and BBQ. Then head out across the country. Between the guys here and on the Zone. I doubt you could get 100 miles in any direction without have to stop and cook again while your truck was being worked on. Work your way through the South and West in the winter and hit the PNW and NE in the summer. By this time next year your truck will look new, you would have visited 48 states and will never want to see a BBQ pit again.

Seriously, sorry I'm not closer to help any.

Elwenil

Where are you at in Virginia anyway? There are quite a few of us 715 owners around. I'm over here in the western edge of I-64, Martin is in Roanoke, Elliot is up near DC or something and there are a few more I have not met personally. It's hard to tell how many there are close to you that own M35s and such from here on SteelSoldiers. I do know there is a unusually large amount of them in Virginia.

Knottofs

I just totally redid my brake system from the master cylinder, lines, calipers shoes, everything, for around $350-$400 bucks. Main thing is to have a good flarer and ¼ inch pipe bender. Got 99% of the stuff from
http://www.flmv.net:80/m715.htm Brake shoes, and emergency brake
Everything else from
http://www.memphisequipment.com
http://www.boyceequipment.com/
If you order some thing from either one, ask for the Parts Manual its free, otherwise with no order I think it cost about $10 - $12 bucks. It has all Ddagrams , and the part #s for anything.
Good Luck! And remember, its fun. Nate

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks