• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking @ a M715

spicergear

4 wheel drum brakes, drums interchange front to rear. HOPE they have enough meat on them to be turned if you need to...they can be a little tough to find. Other parts just about cross over to standard parts store items like the wheel cylinders. If memory serves, some guys found that a Jeep truck dually had similar brake shoes, other guys just take their shoes and get them relined. Usually if the brakes are bad it's a good time to add a booster and split the system...but you don't need to.

spicergear

A VERY popular swap is the D60 and 14 bolt from CUCV trucks (not the blazers...). Give you disc and drum (with all kinds of rear disc kits for those), 4.56's instead of 5.87's, tougher axles, standard COMMON 8 lug, not the 6 on 7.25", etc.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send me a PM if you need some help with the M715.

Alot of guys will put D60s under the truck. A couple even have Deuce axles.

As Spicer said, if the drums have meat left on them, then the rest of the parts can be found/converted.

kvflyer

I am not sure if you want a stock appearing truck or if you are into modification. That being said, in my situation, I wanted a stock appearing truck. There are replacement wheel cylinders available for not too much money. NOS master cylinders are there as well. AB Linn has shoe lining for sale on the auction site right now. Front and rear brake hoses are out there and not that expensive. And the steel line is conventional 3/16" or 1/4" depending on location. I know that many advocate changing to dual master cylinder, disc brakes etc. I am not against any of that. But from my perspective, I enjoy bringing it back to original. It worked in the late 60s and with good parts, it will work today. Those huge 13" drums have a lot of stopping power.

I realize I am not an engineer. I have left it to the Kaiser Jeep engineers to design the system, which I feel worked, so that is what I went with. As they say, "It just works". And I don't have to figure anything out.

So, one person's two cents worth.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
with winch, factory hard top, looks unmolested.

The winch by itself is worth some coin.

Does it have a title? Ever been titled?

If the price is right you should buy it.

bcowanwheels

i have a bunch of stock brake parts if i can help. also FRONT AND REAR drums are "not" interchangeable. ther completely different. and if you take them off the hubs make sure you mark them so they go back on exactly as they came off. the m715 is very touchy in this area. also to turn drums you need to leave them on the hubs with all lug nuts reversed and tightened down.

AllenEM

I found it does not have a title with it. Is getting a title for something that old that hard ? I know that is about a $100 for my old ramcharger but this is a military truck could it be harder?

it looks like it also need seats but overall it looks to be in petty good shape and it's still 24 volt. :beer:

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find out if it has ever been titled. If so what state.

A truck without a title is worth less.

There are way to get a title. Some of them take a little time and $$$.

AllenEM

If you are wanting a 715 already restored, my "uncle" has just done a very nice job on his and is wanting to sell it w/ M101. I have pics if you and interested. He is in OKC/Edmond. PM me w/ questions.
Thanks,
Bill
I may be but it's more than likely out of my price range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks