• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any high speed tractor owners out there?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know they aren't armored, but I haven't made a tracked vehicle section yet :roll:

I have been eye-balling some M5 HST's lately and would like to hear from some owners. Any of y'all got one in the shed?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roman's Paintball in Chambersburg PA has a bunch of them sitting on his lot rotting away. Uses them to provide a "military like" atmosphere for the paintball weenies that go there. Shame, if I had a few Gs kickin around I'd offer them to him to save those beasts.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ah that sucks. They are very cool tractors, especially if you are an Allis Chalmers fan! You guys remember Richard Greene Equipment in PA? His family sold off everything after Richard passed away (very nice guy). He had a M5 on his lot before he died. I wonder what happened to it? I wonder if any of Roman's M5's are worth going after Mike?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Not an owner, but have some friends who are (and FWIW, I wrote a book on them) - let me know if I can help.

Regards,
David

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Two M5's? Wow, he must have some serious hauling equipment. That's my biggest obstacle. A 3/4 ton diesel truck won't cut it with this much weight. David told me in Chat that the smallest HST, the M2, is heavier than a M35. I need a 5-ton tractor and trailer first aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks