• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple LVT Pics & Marking info question.

Toploader

Got one of the LVT's painted up and done.Well, still need the mg's up there and other small details. Im not looking forward to the next one as it is going to need alot more work. :( This is one of them that was featured in the movie "Flags of our Fathers". Note: This was not a full on resto job....so go easy on me :lol:

I re-painted the USMC marking as it was when I found it below the "movie" paint. Like on the original paint? Hope its correct. Any info or correction is greatly appreciated. The owner may or may not want more markings. I have searched to no avail. Anyone with a link maybe? BTW Happy New Year to you all! :beer:

A couple shots

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Dave Harper has done a number of books specifically dealing with the LVT, and their markings. A google search will likely turn these up. If not, PM me and I'll send you his email addy.

Regards,
David Doyle

FrankUSMC

My friend down the street drove one during the invasion of Iwo Jima. He said that jeeps were the easiest to cross over. He would earn the Bronze star on Iwo. He has several stories to tell about the battle, to include the changing out of a clutch on a comm. jeep that had burned it's clutch out in the sand. If you read any thing about the battle, you know that every inch of the island was a target. He ended up doing over 30 years in the Marines.
One of the few, Frank

Toploader

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'll look into getting some of those books as well.

Frank, to bad there are not many more guys like that around. We have a fellow up the road who was a P51 pilot. I can sit and listen to his stories for hours.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VERY COOL! Those alligators always looked neat to me. Glad to see another one up and driving around! Don't get depressed over the one that needs a lot of work, it'll pay off in the end...

Toploader

Thanks Mike. Im actually looking forward to fixing up the other one. It shouldnt be all that bad. Just wish I had more time. And I agree, in the end it pays.

Gary, Im heading out there this weekend and will snap a few shots off. Give me a shout next time your passing through!

Thanks
mark

OSO

RE: Pics of mine, wondering if you

Hey minnlvt4 welcome to SS! [thumbzup] Now as far as your project goes everything starts off a little rough! Check out my M139 I have holes in the floor that need repairing, now I could buy a used cab for about $50., or I could spend a lot of time repairing that rust. But I need some kind of lift to remove the cab. that M139 sits on 14.00x20 rubber. makes it a little tough for most of the work . I will look at that cab for $50.00 to see how much rust is on that one . Just remember it took a lot of years to get looking like that ,now it will just take some care getting back into shape, 2cents OSO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks