• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Siren on a military ambulance? Any pics?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, getting down to planning where upgrades are going to go on my -725. I would like to put a siren on the beast, but don't know of any official positioning of said 24V siren. Some have told me to put it on the hood, opposite of the blackout light, but that may be too heavy and block too much POV for the driver (me). No room for one under the hood. If this was a deuce, there would be plenty of room on the front bumper for one, but with the standard M715 bumper, the siren will require a custom bracket and stick out quite a bit.

Anyone have any pics of sirens on military ambulances? Doesn't matter what model, WC, M43, M725, M886, etc.

sermis

I have seen them on the hood and on the roof. I'm not sure if there was a specific place. I am going to mount mine on the hood when I get tired of playing on the M35.

Opie

Sirens have moved away from the roof of civilian ambulances for a reason. (Eh? Could you repeat that, sonny?)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Siren on M-37 amb..

Yeah, if my truck had a winch, that'd be a good place to put it. But - no -725s came from the factory with winches. And I don't have one retrofiitted. However, with the good info everyone has provided, I think I'm gonna try putting it on the other side of the hood, opposite the blackout light assy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks