• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I was an Idiot, still sucks...

akparker0369

Just joined the site, in the market for a bobbed deuce but have been looking at some of your 715's.

I had a 69 gladiator about 12 years ago, 350, 3spd, dana 60 rear/ 50? front (can't remember now, could that be right?) I trimmed and rolled the fenders and tucked 38" meats under her. The previous owner said it had lockers front and rear from the factory I don't know if they were actually from the factory or not but they were there and the truck was unstoppable, I loved it, I have owned a ton of vehicles but that gladiator remains my all time favorite.

Unfortunately I was joining the service and decided to sell it to put money in the bank to cover the loan payments on my daily driver while I was in boot camp. So I offered it to a middle aged Co-worker that I had always thought was a good guy and who was constantly hounding me about selling it to him and we settled on $2000 dollars. Too bad I was 18 years old and way too trusting. He gave me 400 and "would have the rest next payday" After he begged and begged I let him have the title and take her home. STUPID. Never saw another dime. I put a ton of work into that truck just to lose it for 400 bucks. When I showed up to get the money from him he had the police waiting to tell me if I didn't leave I would be charged with trespassing.

Even worse, $400 wasn't going to cover my loan payments while away so I had to sell my dodge ram to a used car dealer at way under market value (I was leaving the next week)

Should have known better, I did know better. Even at 18 I knew it was totally my fault but it was a tough lesson to learn...

What's my point? I don't really have one, I just miss my gladiator and I want your trucks...

Flyingvan911

Wanting trucks turns into an addiction. Do research, find the truck you want, test drive it, then buy it.

Welcome to Steel Soldiers-where collecting turns to obsession.

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers... I am GunGearz, I am a mv' junkie. I've been secretly keeping my adiction from my family for sometime now. It all started with a picture of a pin up model sitting on the hood of a deuce and now I'm eating grease and drinking WMO. I'm tattooing my body OD green next. Already got one full arm done. We meet on steel soldiers to cope with our problems and to help new mv junkies cope with theirs...... Good luck and please study really hard cause there will be plenty of pop up questions.

akparker0369

bcowanwheels, I won't be in the market for anything for a few months as I am not stateside at the moment, if you wouldn't mind sending pics of a few of your trucks though I would really appreciate it. No rush and only if it's not too much of an inconvenience. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks