• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-715 floor pans

supermechanic

I have a non-computerized friend who recently purchased a fairly nice m-715, I am attempting to locate parts for him.
Any body know if Jeep Panels Plus is still in business? Website for them is no longer up.
Is there another vendor with reproduction floor pans?
Thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last I heard, they were in business, but had no website. If that's so, it's the first business I've heard of that refused to join the late 20th century. They do, however, make good stuff, I bought M715 floor pans off them in 2007 for my old M725 ambulance. Good stuff...

Cornholio

Jeep Panels Plus is no longer in business because the owner, Mr. Sheldon Greene, died in 2010.

However, it appears that his son, Mr. Stephen Greene, has taken up the torch with a new company called Greene's Panel Works.

Home Page

Unfortunately you will find the following at the end of his online catalogue.

"We’re not doing M-715 pieces yet, but may re-introduce them in them in the future. Keep you eye on the website."

Would probably be worth contacting to see if there are any update on plans to make them again.

Another option would be BJS Offroad. View Body & Exterior Parts \\ Repair Panels at http://www.bjsoffroad.com

I've had no experience with either but will need to buy some floor pans, rocker panels, and cab corners myself eventually.

Good luck

glenn715

BJ's Offroad is good. They do have some M715 stuff but its hard to find on their website. I know they started carrying 4.56 gear sets and bearings for 715 axles for a fairly reasonable price.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really sad to hear about JeepPanels Plus, they were really great to work with, made me about two sets of M-101 stakes for the cost of the die, and their floor panels were the best, put new ones in a jeep and one of my 725's worked great, no starain putting them in like some aftermarket stuff. Hope the tradition continues with his son.

Kaiserjeeps

I just put all new floors in a 70 waggie. The back bed from a new rear bed panel for a GMC, the middle and center from a good donor rig, and the two front pans were from BJ's off-road.
The front BJ's pans were nice and thick. The passenger side went in with very little work. The drivers side needed hours of shot bag work to bring down the floor area just below the gas pedal. The M715 and kaiser wag's use the same gas pedal. Before the reworking the gas pedal was pointing at a 45 degree angle towards the brake pedal. So a bit of work was needed to stretch the corner down. The alternative is a hanging gas pedal conversion.

Here is a link to page 8 of the thread over at IFSJA.org It shows the interior and floor shots. I wish I still had my M715 as I could take pictures of both and compare.
I think they are the same. But someone with a M715 may want to confirm.
Seems that they would use the same floor dies?
BJ's floor pans are of great quality.

Another 70 wagoneer build - Page 8 - International Full Size Jeep Association

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Flingarrows

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks