• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M715 owner... almost

lemonsbw

Hopefully I'll have my first M715 on Tuesday next week. Finances are ready to rock just have to wait for it's current owner to get back from vacation. Are there any areas I should keep an eye on that would indicate problems? Other than this one I've never really been around them much and was just looking for some suggestions. Luckily he's kept it under cover and it appears to be very well taken care of. Thanks for the help!

Fishtail

I can assume you drove it first. (if not, why not?) Make sure the brakes work befrore you drive it home if that is your plan. Go slow and be safe. Better yet, just trailer it home and give it a once-over real good.

Smell the gas, if it smells bad, you'll have to drain the tank and lines. Clean out the carb. too. Change all the fluids, engine, trans, axles, etc. You don't know when the last time it was done, don't rely on the previous owner. Check the air in the tires, too. Get the repair manuals!

Good luck with your new truck and enjoy.

Scott

lemonsbw

Going to drive it and give it the twice over tomorrow so I'm keeping my fingers crossed at the moment! Basically what I was looking for, and didn't articulate it very well sorry about that, was are there any spots I should check for rust that are unique to the M715 or any visual cues that would hint to potential major mechanical failures that are more M715 specific? It should be okay because the guy keeps it in pretty good shape for parades and the such... at least it looks in good shape. Thanks for the help!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to add your state to your user profile.

Rust in the floor pan is the major thing to look for. Also under the battery box.

A great resource is www.m715zone.com. Not as much traffic as here but most of us with the M715s are on both sites.

Last edited:

lemonsbw

Awesome! Thanks for the advise! I joined the zone as well while doing some research and looking for ideas/prices/etc. Both you guys and the zone have some VERY helpful people. Hopefully the test/examination will be this afternoon.

Fishtail

Rust -- check the seam between the front floor pans and the cowl (underneath the pedals) Also under the battery box by the rear floor support channel. And of course the rockers.

SCott

Flingarrows

Hopefully I'll have my first M715 on Tuesday next week. Finances are ready to rock just have to wait for it's current owner to get back from vacation. Are there any areas I should keep an eye on that would indicate problems? Other than this one I've never really been around them much and was just looking for some suggestions. Luckily he's kept it under cover and it appears to be very well taken care of. Thanks for the help!
Did you take delivery of said M715?

lemonsbw

Unfortunately we could not agree upon a price and there were a couple of things I found that needed to be fixed that made me not able to justify the price. Still in the market.

bcowanwheels

They all need something ! The price for these trucks has never been as high as it is and prices will not go down. They bring good money just for scrap prices. Also expect to pay top dollar for a "nice " m715, like 15k +

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks