• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Test Message... Posting Pictures

kvflyer

I am trying to add an image to this thread. I have had problems here and I want to see if I understand how it works now.

[imglink]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/kvflyer1/M715_June-70-SV175-1.jpg[/imglink]

It works. The difference is on this forum, you use "[imglink]" as opposed to "" in other forums.

Anyway, that is my truck that I had in Germany in 1970. My intention is to eventually get my truck looking like this.

Here is the truck I had in 1969 in Oklahoma and Utah:

[imglink]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/kvflyer1/Utah_M715.jpg[/imglink]

This is what I am working with. I got the correct winch from a member here but have not had time to install it yet. The truck is in my garage in Florida and I am still living in MD, trying to get to Florida before another winter!

[imglink]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/kvflyer1/M715_Back_Yard.jpg[/imglink]

kvflyer

Now that I have the image thing sorted out, I hope to become more active and offer what little stuff I know here as well.

BTW, that winch is from a 2.5 ton and it has been removed! Unfortunately, the Farm Bureau went crazy with a welder on the front frame rails. Whizz whee works good if you can get to the welds. ;)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please attach images to the site instead of remotely hosting. That's why the img tag is "broken".

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I feel the same way too and I'm the admin. The reason for it is to retain the images forever. People link offsite all the time, just dig back a year or so and you'll start finding links that no longer work. People also sometimes delete remote hosted images. That's the reason for why things are setup like they are.

kvflyer

Truck is looking good Don, especially with the hard top gone (you did originally have the hard top, right?)
Thanks and yes, it did have a hard top that was somewhat caved in from people jumping on it. It pained me to have it sit outdoors for 6 months. Now, it is in the garage in Florida waiting for me to stop messing about and get moved. I am "full steam ahead" on getting to FL...

kvflyer

Where is the truck in Florida?
The address is Fernandina Beach but is actually closer to Yulee. It is in Nassau County, far Northeastern part of Florida not far from Amelia Island. I live off of the island where the house prices are more reasonable. But soon, this truck will be riding up and down Fletcher Ave, the beach road...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks