• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saladin, NEW VEHICLE---CHECK THIS OUT!

hot rod deuce

Well after standing in the DMV explaining that it is NOT a tank, and it probably isn't, I am going to go ahead and post it here anyway.....

The British call it a Saladin, I call it a gun on wheels. It is the latest addition to my arsenal, a big brother for the ferret you might say.

More details might follow but I gotta get going for the time being. Enjoy!

-Tony

Attachments

hot rod deuce

Ill will get some more pic's i just got it in the shop and have to hurry up and get the salt off before it gets too warm (at-10 BELOW out side the salt dont rust).

Jake, I actualy own a saracen too, but it is in england right now. when it gets back and I get it all checked out I might be looking to sell it seeing i got this thing.
I also know where a VERY nice show-room MK-5 communicaton unit (maps and stuff on one side rather than seats) and a turret for 7,500 POUNDS is in England. Eitherway if you need anything let me know I have a lot of iron on its way over.

davesgmc

and I hope you get tags on it easily, I had quite the trouble here in Kansas with the ferret for sure, I am sure many of you already knew that though.

hot rod deuce

Well I am currently fighting for a ferret, I may need help. They sent it back DENIED and said it was a "tank" but it was denied becasue it was not owned buy a "non-profit" You see in MN we have a special "MILITARY colector plate" not "collector" its just for old army iron and it only cost like 5 bucks! I did NOT try to get this but they some how thought since it was old and army it had to be in this catergry and owned by a non-profit. Then I asked about the tites I have for all of my other old army stuff. Why did that not fall under this catagory? No answer.
My favorite part was when she was on the phone with some one at the state and asked me if it was a "tank" and I asked her "what's a "tank""

I am sure they all had visions of 007 on main drag with the T-55 in golden eye! Honestly guys, what is a "TANK"???

Dont get me wrong I get along very well with the ladies up at the local joint, there is some one in an office that thinks I cant have a ferret becasue he thinks its a tank and tanks are BAD

hot rod deuce

How do you like the saracen on the road? The Mk-6 is one heavy hunk of iron. One thing I was wondeing about was the vision through the sides with out hatches to open.

davesgmc

The people oin charge at the state have to be approached VERY carefully. If not you end up with all kinds of mess. Even if you do it can still turn into a big mess. I see you are in Minnesota? Bob Hill is in Hayward, mn. He is a member of the yahoo email group "ferret_heaven" I would greatly suggest joining the group and contacting Bob for any advice concerning the state of MN. If there is one ferret there then certainly there can be more. Same thing happened here in Kansas.

davesgmc

hot rod, I copied your post about the registraion problem and posted it on the ferret yahoo group. Most of those guys are a great group of guys

hot rod deuce

hey thanks, i am on ferret heaven as well but this thing just came up about two haurs before the post. I am now trying for a "y" plate. I have the plates on the tool box but i dont hav a title yet...

Jimmy

Hot Rod,
The Saracen is not bad on the road, it would be better if the side hatches did open so I could see better but I am planning to change that part as soon as I find the pieces, I think it will be an easy repair. It is very heavy and cumberson but I like it. You will have to let me know how the Saladan does, it should be very close to the same as mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks